On California - From Napa to Nebbiolo… Wine Tales from the Golden State
- The future of the wines: where will the ‘California spirit’ lead next?
- The ‘Hollywood Grape’: our authors chart the path of Cabernet Sauvignon from the wish-list of Thomas Jefferson to the hallowed hillsides of Stag’s Leap and Screaming Eagle.
- 1976? Of course, it was a competition! Steven Spurrier and Patricia Gallagher describe the motivation behind the famous Paris wine tasting.
- Top New York sommelier Victoria James tells of her near-death introduction to the wacky world of winemaking in Sonoma.
- Will the real Zinfandel please stand up? Paul Draper seeks out the true heritage of California’s versatile orphan grape.
- Contributions from Elaine Chukan Brown, Mary Margaret McCamic MW, Karen MacNeil, Esther Mobley, Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW, Liz Thach MW, Clare Tooley MW, and Kelli White. Hugh Johnson, Jane Anson and Fiona Morrison MW, Harry Waugh, Elin McCoy, Rex Pickett, Stephen Brook, George Taber, Dr William Kelley, Jon Bonné, Norm Roby, Bob Thompson, Harry Eyres, Adam Lechmere, Margaret Rand, John Szabo MS, Larry Walker, Brian St Pierre, Natasha Hughes MW.