In this two-day, live virtual workshop, we will focus on the two areas of greatest concern for students: the tasting exam and the short written answer section of the theory exam. You will:
- Taste 6 wines with a WSET-trained instructor. Calibrate your palate to the WSET-trained instructors
- Learn pointers for gaining maximum points on the tasting exam
- Take a mock tasting exam and work with an instructor to master any weak areas
- Learn what the WSET is looking for when they use certain words/verbs in their exam questions
- Participate in Short Written Answer exercises which include time to practice writing answers as well as detailed reveals
Separate exam registration is required.
Ask yourself these questions. If you answer no to any of them, this workshop is for you!
- Do you understand what to include and how much to include in the Short Written Answer portion of the Level 3 theory exam?
- FYI -This is an area that causes many students to fail the theory exam, and we teach you how to confidently master what the WSET is looking for with the various types of these questions.
- Do you know what the WSET is looking for when they ask you to explain a given term or topic?
- Do you know what the WSET is looking for when they ask you to describe a term or topic?
- Do you know what types of questions appear on the theory exam?
- Do you know how to best recall theory information in an exam setting?
- Do you understand how the WSET wants you to interactively study, moving back and forth between the viticulture and production sections with the regional chapters?
- Do you know if you will be tested on specialty wine styles such as Hunter Valley Semillon, Rutherglen Muscat, and Amarone della Valpolicella?
- Do you know how to maximize points on the SAT tasting exam?
How is this workshop different from the WSET Level 3 Combo course being offered? The Level 3 Combo is a package that includes the WSET Level 3 online course AND a two-day workshop for exam preparation. If you signed up solely for the WSET Online Level 3 and now realize that you would benefit from in-class time calibrating your palate to a certified WSET instructor as well as help in knowing how to answer Short Written Answer questions, then this exam workshop is for you.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Level 3 Workshops will be held virtually via Zoom on their scheduled class dates and include a wine kit delivery.**
We are able to ship the wine kits to the following states ONLY: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY, Wash DC.
NO SHIP LOCATIONS: International, AK, AL, AR, CT, DE, HI, MD, MS, NH, NJ, RI, SD, UT, VT, WV.
Adult Signature Over 21 Required Upon Delivery.
*This workshop was not created by nor is it endorsed by the WSET. We have created it, putting our 10+ years of award-winning experience to work in helping students achieve exam results well above the WSET global average. This workshop is intended to provide support and resources that complement the official WSET course materials. It should NOT be used as a replacement for any official WSET course content and/or lessons.