The level of knowledge needed to take this course: None necessary. This class is especially recommended for:
- Those in the retail, hospitality or wholesale areas of the wine industry wishing to obtain greater knowledge and professional certification from a trusted internationally-recognized organization
- Wine enthusiasts wanting an introduction to the main styles of wine available
- Front-line staff and/or anyone wanting basic product knowledge and skills in the storage and service of wines
- Anyone wanting to learn how to taste and access wines professionally
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award Certificate in Wine, you will need to successfully pass an exam with 30 multiple-choice questions. – EXAM must be taken in person at one of our school locations. Upon successful completion of this WSET Level 1 Certification Course you will have gained:
- An understanding of the main types and styles of wines available.
- An understanding of how to store and serve wines.
- An understanding of the basic principles of food and wine pairing.
- WSET tutored tasting of wines.
- Level 1 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET – which is a formal qualification in wine.
The WSET Level 1 (Introductory) Certificate online course follows a 4-week study program which includes LIVE webinars and instructor support with set start and finish dates as follows:
- Module 1 – What is Wine & How is it Made?
- Module 2 – Types and Styles of Wine
- Module 3 – Introduction to Tasting
- Module 4 – Grape Varieties & Wines
- Module 5 – Storage & Service of Wines
- Module 6 – Pairing Food & Wines
- Module 7 – Revision