Course Refunds and Transfers
We are unable to offer any refunds should a student decide to cancel their enrollment or is unable to attend their course.
In exceptional circumstances, students who are unable to attend a course may receive a credit on their account to use toward another course if Napa Valley Wine Academy is able to resell a student’s original space to another student. This transfer/credit is solely at the discretion of the Education Coordinator and will incur a $50 administration fee.
No transfer/credit will be offered if the following circumstances apply:
- a course booking is canceled within 4 weeks of the course date, except as where noted below;
- for any course already underway;
- cancellations of a confirmed WSET Boot Camp course within 60 days before the start of the course.
- students are unable to attend a course due to changes in personal circumstances;
- students are unable to attend a course due to travel problems caused by unfavorable weather or cancellations by travel operators;
- a student is enrolled in the WSET Level 4 Diploma program
For all transfer requests, students must fill out a transfer form to be approved by the Napa Valley Wine Academy.
Napa Valley Wine Academy does not compensate for travel or accommodation expenses should a course be canceled or rescheduled for an alternative date.
Napa Valley Wine Academy reserves the right to cancel or change a course date. In these very rare circumstances, Napa Valley Wine Academy will normally arrange an alternative date and offer students either a transfer to this new date or, if this date is not convenient an alternative course. If neither is possible, a full refund will be offered.
Students must fill out a course cancellation form to be approved by the Napa Valley Wine Academy.
Napa Valley Wine Academy strongly advises that students arrange insurance to cover unforeseen events such as illness, unfavorable weather, or cancellation of a course for which travel and accommodation costs have been incurred.
Enrolling students are advised to purchase Napa Valley Wine Academy’s cancellation insurance (which costs 10% of the course fee), available at check out, which covers the cancellation of courses by either students or Napa Valley Wine Academy. The holders of this insurance, in the event of a course cancellation, is entitled to a full refund of their course tuition. All course cancellation insurance costs are non-refundable. This policy does not cover any travel or accommodation expenses that have been incurred by the student; however, Napa Valley Wine Academy strongly advises that students arrange for separate insurance to cover such expenses.
Non-US residents are advised to contact their local insurance broker or issuer to apply for coverage with regards to the recommended cover options above.
Napa Valley Wine Academy will offer students a transfer to another course in exceptional circumstances, and if the students confirmed enrollment can be resold to another student. A $50 administrative fee will be charged.
Further information about the cancellations policy is available from the School (#855-513-9738).
Adverse Weather Conditions
If adverse weather conditions or natural disasters have affected the mode of transport needed to attend a booked course at Napa Valley Wine Academy and you are unable to be present, please note the following procedures:
- Please notify the School Team, by phone or email, as far in advance as possible that you will not be able to attend (e.g. if flights have been canceled in advance, etc.)
- If you are unable to attend a booked course due to the weather or natural disaster conditions, we will offer a transfer to another course for a $50 administration fee. This will apply ONLY if roads are unsurpassable or trains and flights are canceled, which will be determined at the sole discretion of the School.
Students Coming From Abroad
If a VISA is required to enter the US, Napa Valley Wine Academy recommends that students book at least three months in advance to allow time for processing of the VISA application. Napa Valley Wine Academy will not provide a letter of invitation but will provide students with a letter confirming the booking, to give to the relevant embassy. Refunds will not be offered under any circumstances should a VISA application be declined or delayed.
In the unlikely event that the advertised instructor is unable to teach the class, Napa Valley Wine Academy reserves the right to substitute the advertised instructor with another appropriate instructor.