There is no previous wine knowledge necessary to enroll in this course. This online class is specially designed for:
A beginner level introduction to sake for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in sake.
For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of sake. You’ll explore the main styles and types of sake through sight, smell and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavors and aromas.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award Certificate in Sake, you will need to successfully pass an exam with 30 multiple-choice questions. - EXAM can be taken either online or in-person with in 12-months of enrolling in the online course at one of our school locations. Upon successful completion of this WSET Level 1 Online Certification Course you will have gained:
List and state the purpose of the main ingredients and the main production steps used to make sake.
Name the principal categories and grades of sake as well as some speciality styles of sake and state their key characteristics.
Know and recognise the processes and principles involved in the storage and service of sake.
The WSET Level 1 (Introductory) Certificate online course follows a 4-week study program with instructor support as follows:
- Module 1: What is Sake and How is it Made?
- Module 2: Categories and Grades of Sake
- Module 3: An Introduction to Tasting Sake
- Module 4: Sake Production
- Module 5: Japanese Labelling Terms and Speciality Styles of Sak
- Module 6: Storage and Service of SAKE
- Module 7: Review
You will have access to the course for four weeks. However, you will retain access to your online learning material for a full 12-month period. Each week consists of a series of online activities, reading, and tasting assignments supported by an online tutor allocated to guide the students’ studies.
- Instructor support.
- A weekly quiz is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics.
- Independent tasting activities are also provided to familiarize students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at a beginner level.
- 30 question mock-exam to prepare you for the actual in-person exam.
- One exam credit