WSET LEVEL 3 online
WSET Level 3 – Ten (10) Week Online Course
Are you looking to advance your career in the wine industry?
The WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course is a globally recognized qualification that will help you develop an extensive understanding of wines, what influences their style and quality. This 10-week online course covers all major grape varieties and wine styles produced around the world. You’ll learn about winemaking techniques, viticulture, tasting skills, and much more!
Gain a competitive advantage by learning how to taste like a professional with our WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Online Course, which includes a 24 bottle (100 ml) wine tasting kit at no additional charge. You will actively taste along with your classmates and calibrate to your WSET-Certified instructor in live tasting webinars. With this interactive online classroom experience, you can study alongside your peers under the guidance of an educator who will support you every step of the way. It’s flexible too – allowing you to work at your own pace while studying from anywhere with internet access! There are no set class times or locations, so it works for everyone! No matter where life takes you, we’ve got your back. Let us help make YOUR dreams come true today! Enroll now before spots run out!!
Sign up now on our website for this ten (10) week program that promises to give you everything you need to achieve this advanced-level certification!
Curious about the Webinar Schedule for course dates you’re perusing? Consult the schedule here!
Select Your Date
WSET Level 3 – What’s Included
Full 10-week Online Course — WSET Level 3 online includes:
Online instructor support
Critical How to Study Video and Printable Handout
What to Expect on Exam Video
Tips on types of exam questions
Short Written Answer Strategy Guides: Video and Printable Handouts
Theory Exam Prep Exercises and Mock Quiz
12 Months of Online Access
Exam Credit Valid for 12 Months
Online group tasting activities using the systematic approach to tasting. Students will also take part in interactive wine tasting exercises and live webinars.
Instructor-feedback on online submitted SAT Tasting Notes
SAT How-to and Tips Tasting Videos
Group tasting forum.
Includes a twenty-four-bottle (100ml bottles) wine tasting kit with every enrollment!
Highly trained and qualified expert online instructors. You will be guided through the 10-week course under the guidance of expert instructors. All course books and materials along with exam fees, framable certificate and lapel pin (for those that pass the exam) are included.
Available every weekday for chat, phone, email questions.
Also available: Private tutoring in your areas of need.
What You Will Learn
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation, and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal: still wines, sparkling wines, and fortified wines of the world
- How to make appropriate wine recommendations
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Level 3 Exam Prep tips and best practices
Designed to equip those in the wine industry or enthusiast with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of situations.
As our company evaluates talent for hiring as well as internal promotion and development, WSET certifications give us an outside objective evaluation of wine and spirits knowledge across all categories. As an educator, what I like best about the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) programing is the progressive steps. With some knowledge, one can start at Level 2, be challenged by level 3 and work toward the professional diploma certification at level 4. Napa Valley Wine Academy provides the industry and enthusiast with quality support for those seeking additional study materials and opportunities to attain WSET certifications.
It is in sincere appreciation for the work you and your staff do to promote wine education and professionalism in our industry!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any enrollment requirements?
Holding the WSET Level 2 Award in Wine certification is strongly recommended, otherwise, you need to successfully complete the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Online Entry Test.
How does the WSET Level 3 Online course work?
The WSET Level 3 online course is entirely self-paced, except for 5 live webinars set by the instructor in weeks 1, 2, 4, 7, and 10 of the course (webinar schedule is posted here. Webinars are recorded for those unable to attend live via zoom, usually lasting 60-90 minutes).
How long do I have access to my course?
Access to the online course is for 1 year but you choose the dates of your 10 week, Instructor-led course. On the start date of your course, you will receive access via email link to the online course portal. You have access to the course materials 24/7! Only the webinars are scheduled at specific times, again, recorded if you can’t watch live.
You will have access to the whole course for 12-months online: 10 weeks for the instructor-led portion and then the rest via the Post-Course Module without webinars or live instructor.
Is the exam offered online?
No, due to the blind tasting component, the WSET Level 3 exam must be taken IN PERSON at one of our locations offered around the U.S.
When are the wine kits delivered?
The wine kits will be delivered in two installments. The first delivery will take place in week 1 of the class and the second kit will arrive in week 4. You will receive a shipping notification from UPS when your kit has been shipped. If you sign up for UPS MyChoice you can track your shipping and make delivery adjustments.
What happens if I do not pass the exam?
If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, you can resit the exam during another scheduled exam date. A resit fee applies.
What is included in the price?
Included in the course price is access to the online classroom for 10 weeks, all your material fees, exam fee, and online access to our exam prep online module.
What does the WSET Level 3 Award in Wine exam consist of?
Candidates will be required to pass a closed-book in-person examination, comprising two units.
Unit 1: A theory examination of two parts to be completed in two hours. The paper comprises:
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 4 x 25 mark short written answer questions
Unit 2: A tasting examination consisting of a blind tasting of two still wines.
A grade of 55% in each part is required to achieve a pass in this unit of the qualification.
Why you will love taking this class from us
You’ll Be Making the Right Choice
You will be in good hands, studying with an expert instructor at America’s Premier Wine School, winner of the WSET Global and Riedel Wine Educator of the Year Award.
We Give You Flexibility
We offer you the largest selection of course dates and location options so you can find a class that best fits your schedule.
You’ll Be In Good Company
You will join a community of 4,000+ students who have studied with us and successfully completed the WSET certifications.
Try WSET Level 3 Online!
WSET Level 3 Award in Wine Online Course
Gain an extensive understanding of wines through a 10-week advanced interactive online study program that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 3 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course but through a supported and interactive online classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of an educator. This course provides a more in-depth and comprehensive look at the world of wines with an intense focus on systematically and professionally tasting wines and develops your ability to describe wine accurately and account in detail for wine's style, quality, and price.
The course now includes a 24 bottle (100ml bottles) wine tasting kit with every enrollment. We have developed a 24 bottle wine tasting kit specifically designed to accompany your WSET Level 3 online course allowing you to participate in our dedicated WSET Level 3 LIVE tasting webinars. Using these kits, you will actively taste along with your classmates and calibrate to your WSET-Certified instructor. All wines included in the kits have been carefully selected by Master of Wine Peter Marks and Catherine Bugue head of NVWA Education to match the WSET Level 3 specification and to ensure that you have the best opportunity to calibrate your palate for the blind tasting portion of the exam
The course also includes lecture videos from top-industry educators and interactive activities for each chapter of the book. After the ten weeks are completed, you will have access to the post-course exam prep module, which contains flashcards, a compendium of mock multiple choice and short answer questions, lecture videos and more.
To successfully obtain the WSET® Level 3 Award Certification in Wine, students must take a two-part exam: a written and tasting portion in person at one of our Level 3 testing locations.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 3 Certification Course and Exam, you will have gained:
- In-depth training on wines of the world with an understanding of the factors that influence style, quality, and price.
- Knowledge applicable to sales, hospitality, and wholesale areas of the industry, but also to those wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of wines around the world.
- An advanced Level 3 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET®
- Ability to request and use the official logo — WSET® Certified Advanced — on your business cards, websites, and other professional material.
- The required pre-requisite for WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wine.
The level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: WSET® Level 2 certification
- This course is ideal for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the leading wine of the world and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price.
- Level 3 is particularly recommended to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections.
- This course is also for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine to recognize varied wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
Each week consists of a series of online activities, often based on group discussion, with an online tutor allocated to guide the students’ studies. Online class includes
- LIVE webinars and instructor support.
- A quiz is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics.
- Tasting activities are also provided to familiarize students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at the advanced level.
- 12-months of access to the online learning material
- One exam credit valid for 12 months from the start of your online course. The exam must be taken in person at one of our Level 3 testing locations. Please note that examinations for the qualification courses are only available at the Napa Valley Wine Academy in Napa and Santa Barbara, California, with limited additional dates in FL, CO, TN, NJ.
We are able to ship the wine kits to the following states ONLY: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY, Wash DC. Adult signature required.
NO SHIP LOCATIONS: International, AK, AL, AR, CT, DE, HI, MD, MS, NH, NJ, RI, SD, UT, VT, WV.
|Dimensions||15 × 11.5 × 2 in|
October 6 – December 15, 2021, November 10, 2021 – January 19, 2022, December 8, 2021 – February 16, 2022, February 9-April 20, 2022, January 12-March 23, 2022, March 3-May 18, 2022, April 4-June 15, 2022, June 8-August 17, 2022, May 11-July 20, 2022