This is a ten-week, self-paced course with a fixed start/end date. However you will have 12 months of access to the online learning material, providing you the flexibility to study wine in a way that fits your schedule.The Level 3 Award in Wine Online class covers the same syllabus as the classroom course but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
Please note that the exam is completed in person at one of our testing locations.
This course provides a more in-depth wine knowledge and comprehensive look at the world of wines with an intense focus on systematically and professionally tasting wines.
The course now includes a 24 bottle (100ml bottles) wine tasting kit with every enrollment, making it easy to participate in our dedicated WSET Level 3 LIVE tasting webinars and tasting exercises. Using wines from these kits, you will actively taste along with your classmates and calibrate to your WSET-Certified instructor as well as utilize wines for homework assignments. All wines included in the kits have been carefully selected by Master of Wine Peter Marks and NVWA Head of Education Catherine Bugue to match the WSET Level 3 specification and ensure you have the best opportunity to calibrate your palate for the blind tasting portion of the exam. Students are advised to taste a range of wines during their studies, beyond those in the kits. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found in the Specification.
The course also includes lecture videos from top-industry educators and interactive activities for each chapter of the book. After the ten weeks are completed, you will have access to the post-course exam prep module, which contains flashcards, a compendium of mock multiple choice and short answer questions, lecture videos and more.
To successfully obtain the WSET® Level 3 Award Certification in Wine, students must take a two-part exam: a written and tasting portion in person at one of our Level 3 testing locations.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 3 Certification Course and Exam, you will have gained:
- In-depth training on wines of the world with an understanding of the factors that influence style, quality, and price.
- Wine knowledge applicable to sales, hospitality, and wholesale areas of the industry, but also to those wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of wines around the world.
- An advanced Level 3 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET®
- Ability to request and use the official logo — WSET® Certified Advanced — on your business cards, websites, and other professional material.
- The required pre-requisite for WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wine.
The level of Wine Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: WSET® Level 2 certification is highly recommended
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
- This course is ideal for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the leading wines of the world and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price.
- Level 3 is particularly recommended to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections.
- This course is also for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine to recognize varied wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
Each week consists of a series of online activities, often based on group discussion, with an online tutor allocated to guide the students’ studies. Online class includes
- LIVE webinars and instructor support.
- A quiz is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics.
- Tasting activities are also provided to familiarize students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at the advanced level.
- 12-months of access to the online learning material
- One exam credit valid for 12 months from the start of your online course. The exam must be taken in person at one of our Level 3 testing locations. Please note that examinations for the qualification courses are only available at the Napa Valley Wine Academy in Napa and Santa Barbara, California, with limited additional dates in FL, CO, TN, NJ.
We are able to have wine kits shipped to the following states ONLY: AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NH, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY, and Wash DC.
NO SHIP LOCATIONS: International, AK, AR, CT, DE, HI, MS, NJ, RI, SD, UT, VT, and WV.