This is a five-week, self-paced course with a fixed start/end date. However you will have 12 months of access to the online learning material, providing you the flexibility to study wine in a way that fits your schedule.
The Level 2 Award in Wine Online class covers the same syllabus as the classroom course but through a supported and interactive Online Classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
You'll gain an understanding of the principal grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world, as well as the production of sparkling and fortified wines.
The course explores the major grape varieties and important regions that define the world’s key wines in a structured and engaging format. You’ll learn about production, key labeling terminology, tasting techniques, and major classifications to help you identify wines with confidence.
To earn the WSET Level 2 Award Certificate in Wine, you will need to pass the exam with 50 multiple-choice questions. The proctored exam can be taken EITHER online or in-person within 12-months from the time of your enrollment at one of our school locations across the U.S.
During the online class, students will be taking part in 4 LIVE instructor-led guided wine tasting webinars and taught the WSET systematic approach to tasting wine. As you work through the online class, you will be asked to complete interactive learning assignments, complete tasting assignments, and submit your notes to the instructor for grading.
There is no previous certification needed to enroll in this course, but it is understood that you have a basic wine knowledge.
Upon successful completion of this WSET Level 2 Certification course you will have gained:
- Training in the broad range of wine knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality, and commercial areas of the industry.
- WSET Tutored tasting of wines.
- Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to access a wine's quality and price
- Level 2 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET - which is a formal qualification in wine.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wine Certificate online course follows a 5-week study program which includes 4 LIVE webinars and instructor support with set start and finish dates as follows:
- Week 1 – Tasting, Pairing, Storage & Service of Wine
- Week 2 – Factors Affecting Wine Style & Quality
- Week 3 – Red Wines
- Week 4 – White Wines
- Week 5 – Sparkling & Fortified Wines & Review
The online class includes:
- 4 LIVE webinars and instructor support
- 20+ recorded video lectures with interactive activities
- A quiz with mock exam questions is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week's topics.
- Tasting activities to help familiarize students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at the Intermediate level.
- 50 question mock-exam to prepare you for the actual in-person exam.
- 12-months of access to online learning material
- One exam credit
We are able to have wine kits shipped to the following states ONLY: AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MA, MN, MO, MT, NE, NH, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY, and Wash DC.
NO SHIP LOCATIONS: International, AK, AR, CT, DE, HI, MI, MS, NJ, RI, SD, UT, VT, and WV.
ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED UPON DELIVERY.