WSET Level 2 – Five (5) Week Online Course
Learn about wines and spirits through our 5-week WSET Level 2 Online study program that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course but through a supported and Interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator. Please note that the exam is completed in person in, not online.
Our online classroom gives students the advantage of a structured and instructor-guided online environment that helps students gain an understanding of the key grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world as well as the production of spirits and liqueurs.
The course explores the major grape varieties and important regions that define the world’s key wines in a structured and engaging format. You’ll learn about production, key labeling terminology, and major classifications to help you identify wines with confidence. A basic introduction to the main spirits categories is also provided.
WSET Level 2 (Intermediate) Online Course: Award in Wine & Spirits
This qualification covers the key grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world as well as the production of spirits and liqueurs. During class, students will be taken through a guided tasting of wines and taught the WSET systematic approach to tasting wine that will let you access wines in a structured manner. Napa Valley Wine Academy students will receive study pointers on the Level 2 WSET exam. As you work through the course, you will be asked to share your learning experience with the rest of the course group, looking at what wine labels tell you about the contents of the bottle and exchange tasting notes. Tasting is an essential part of studying for this course, and you will need to taste a minimum of 8 wines (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
The level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: None necessary. This class is especially recommended for:
- Those in the retail, hospitality or wholesale areas of the wine and spirits industry wishing to obtain greater knowledge and professional certification from a trusted internationally-recognized organization;
- Wine enthusiasts wanting to gain a broad view of grapes and wines produced around the world
- Anyone wanting to learn how to taste and access wines professionally
To obtain the WSET Level 2 Award Certificate in Wine & Spirits, you will need to successfully pass an exam with 50 multiple-choice questions. -EXAM must be taken in person at our Napa Valley Education Center. Upon successful completion of this WSET Level 2 Certification Course you will have gained:
- Training in the broad range of wine, spirits and liqueur, knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry.
- WSET Tutored tasting of wines.
- Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to access a wine’s quality and price
- Level II Award in Wine & Spirits Certification from the WSET -which is a formal qualification in wine.
The WSET Level 2 (Intermediate) Certificate online course follows a 5-week study program wich includes LIVE webinars and instructor support with set start and finish dates as follows:
- Week 1 – Factors Influencing Wine Style, Quality & Price, Sales & Service, Responsible Drinking
- Week 2 – Key Grape Varieties
- Week 3 – Regional, Quality & Stylistic Labeling Terms, Food & Wine Matching
- Week 4 – Sparkling Wines, Sweet Wines, Spirits & Liqueurs
- Week 5 – Review and Mock Exam
|Dimensions||15 x 11.5 x 2 in|
September 2-October 6, 2017, October 7-November 11, 2017, November 4-December 9, 2017, January 6-February 10, 2018, January 20-February 24, 2018, February 3-March 10, 2018, February 17-March 24, 2018, March 3-April 7, 2018