To obtain the Wine 101 Foundation certificate of completion, you will need to successfully pass the optional 30 multiple-choice question quiz at the end of the course.
You have 3-weeks to complete the course. The course contains 9 hours of content and exercises so plan on spending about 3 hours a week to complete the course and prepare for the optional quiz.
Once you have successfully completed the Wine 101 Foundation course you will have gained:
- An understanding of the major styles of wine.
- An understanding of the major grape varieties and styles of wines they produce.
- An overview of classic wine-producing regions of the world and the styles of wine coming from each.
- An understanding of the correct way to taste wine including the use of the correct glassware.
- An understanding of the correct storage and serving temperature of wine.
- Knowledge on how to best pair wines with food.
The Wine 101 Foundation online course is available for a period of 4-weeks starting from the time you register. It typically takes students 2-3 weeks to complete the course. The course is divided into the following lessons:
- An introduction to wine
- Styles of wine
- Grape growing
- The main grape varieties
- How wine is made
- The main wine regions of the world
- Storing and serving wine
- How to taste wine
- Food and wine pairing
- Final quiz
Each of the lessons consists of a series of online activities, based on the topic covered. A quiz at the end of each lesson provides you with the opportunity to gauge your understanding of the material covered in the lesson. Activities are also sprinkled throughout the course to help you better experience the key aspects of wine.
System Requirements: Since this course is delivered 100% online, you will require access to a computer with the following minimum requirements:
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent. Adobe Flash Player 11.
- Internet access (broadband recommended)