The WSET Level 3 can be completed in 8 weekly classes or short, 5-day intensives. Please note that the exam is completed in person at one of our testing locations. This course provides a more in-depth and comprehensive look at the world of wines with an intense focus on systematically and professionally tasting wines. You will actively taste along with your classmates approximately 80 benchmark wines, helping calibrate your palate to your WSET-Certified instructor. You will also have access to the post-course exam prep module on our proprietary learning platform, which contains flashcards, a compendium of mock multiple choice and short answer questions, lecture videos and more. To successfully obtain the WSET® Level 3 Award Certification in Wine, students must take a two-part exam: a written and tasting portion in person at one of our Level 3 testing locations. Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 3 Certification Course and Exam, you will have gained:
- In-depth training on wines of the world with an understanding of the factors that influence style, quality, and price.
- Knowledge applicable to sales, hospitality, and wholesale areas of the industry, but also to those wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of wines around the world.
- An advanced Level 3 Award in Wines Certification from the WSET®
- Ability to request and use the official logo — WSET® Certified Advanced — on your business cards, websites, and other professional material.
- The required pre-requisite for WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wine.
The level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: WSET® Level 2 certification highly recommended
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
- This course is ideal for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the leading wines of the world and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price.
- Level 3 is particularly recommended to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections.
- This course is also for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine to recognize varied wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
WSET Level 3 exam registration included. All WSET Level 3 certification exams are ordered 30 business days before the exam date as per WSET requirements. If you opt-out less than four weeks before the course we will not be able to cancel the order with the WSET and exam reorder fees apply.
**Please note: in-person courses may be transitioned to online courses with wine kit shipments pending the development of Covid-19. If traveling for this course, we highly encourage purchasing travel insurance.**