French Wine Scholar
Study and Certification Program
Napa Valley Wine Academy is proud to be offering the prestigious French Wine Scholar Study and Certification program. This in-depth program provides current and accurate information on the wines and wine regions of France. Developed and administrated by the Wine Scholar Guild (formerly known as French Wine Society) with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture, this specialization program is designed for serious students of wine, whether professionals or serious wine hobbyists.
Students of wine who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar (FWS) post-nominal.
What you’ll learn
- In-depth knowledge on:
- Location and climate and their effects on viticulture and wine style
- Topography, geography and soils and their impact on the vine
- Grape varieties and their organoleptic profiles
- Viticulture and winemaking practices
- All AOCs with their regulations, wine styles, and specificities
- Alsace, Champagne, Bourgogne, Beaujolais, Jura, Savoie, Loire, Bordeaux, Southwest, Languedoc, Roussillon, Rhône, Provence, Corsica
- Plus: A Foundation Unit covering: French wine law, grape varieties, viticulture, viniculture and a discussion of Old World vs. New World wine styles
- The 270-page, full-color study manual (6th Edition) provides all the information from which the test questions are derived. You do not need to research your own study materials; everything you need to know is in the manual.
- All course materials and textbooks, including any test fees, are included.