Join Our Dream Team
Help connect people to their dreams through education.
What We Do
Napa Valley Wine Academy is one of the most respected wine schools in the nation, inspiring and educating a global community of students in wine and spirits. Every day, our team wakes up with the same, shared goal: to deliver excellence in education, while removing intimidation and frustration from each and every student’s educational journey.
In a nutshell, we are helping connect people to their dreams through education. It is incredibly exciting (and rewarding) work. We inspire and educate a global community of incredible students on a weekly basis. We design and offer thoughtfully curated education programs and resources at every level to allow our students to attain the confidence and recognition that it takes to succeed in the wine world and that allows them to ultimately live the life and career of their dreams.
We believe in a personal approach to education, we are success-partners as well as guides on our students’ educational journey. Our engagement in a student’s journey starts with their first phone call, chat, or email.
We are a team of innovative and inspiring individuals who do great work and have a great time doing it. Each of us brings something unique to the table, but we thrive as a team.
We believe in…
Owning Your Success
To win, we are willing to put in the hard work; be decisive; take responsibility; hold ourselves accountable for our success.
Having Passion for Our Work
To accomplish great things, we need a hunger to continually do things better, with an understanding that everything we do makes a difference.
We ARE a Team
Working together as a tight-knit-team makes success happen. We tap into the genius of each member of our team, always open to each other’s perspectives.
Delivering an Amazing Experience
Our students may forget what we have said, but they will always remember how we made them feel. We use empathy to fix problems. Humility, gratitude, and compassion are our guiding principles.
Maintaining a Positive Focus
We give space to optimism and keep our perspective in the face of adversity. We see roadblocks as opportunities to be better and develop creative solutions to help create a better future.
Why join our team?
You will impact the experiences and goals of thousands of students from around the world while elevating standards for the industry as a whole.
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
You will be challenged each and every day. We move fast, and we make BIG things happen. We are a quickly growing company and promote from within.
CONNECTIONS. CONNECTIONS. CONNECTIONS
You will work with a list of who’s who in the industry and build key relationships that will inspire and motivate you throughout your career.
You will work within a dynamic business, interacting with top educators and team members, and learning about wine every day.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Everything you do will impact the experiences and goals of our students and the industry. You will be integral in helping us conquer the global beverage education industry.
WORK WITH PASSIONATE TALENTED PEOPLE
We wake up ready to rock the wine world every day and inspire one another in that goal. Share your talents; collaborate on exciting projects – be a part of our talented and vivacious team.
Think outside of the box, help us do what no one else has done before.
Student Success Assistant
About Napa Valley Wine Academy
Napa Valley Wine Academy’s purpose is simple: to connect people to their dreams through education. We have devoted the past 6 years to becoming America’s Premier Wine School by creating and delivering the highest quality wine and spirits education and empowering our students to realize their dreams.
Our Core Values
- We are a TEAM.
- We deliver an amazing experience.
- We maintain a positive focus.
- We own our success.
- We have passion for our work.
As the Student Success Assistant, your top priority is the students’ experience in the classroom. You will be the maestro, organizing their days at the Academy as if they were special events: preparing class documents, pulling and organizing wines for each class day; setting up the classroom; managing caterers and ordering class luncheons; handling class tear-down and/or managing any evening cleaning/re-set crew. You will meet each student, greeting them and having them sign attendance sheets, and make general announcements at the beginning of each class. You are literally the classroom manager.
During or outside of class time, you will work on other tasks such as mailing certifications/pins upon their successful passing of course exams; managing and ordering classroom supplies; creating wine lists for upcoming classes; and answering student questions by phone, in-person or potentially on chat about course offerings.
Crucial to your position is to be a ‘people person’ with an outgoing personality for greeting and speaking with students. You will also be able to listen, learn and solve any issues that might arise in the classroom or with student experiences. If any student’s expectations have not been met, you will help create and deliver a solution.
Also outside of class time, you will manage the overall Academy experience by managing the cleaning crew services (organize timings, greet crew, provide expectations), manage and order office supplies and manage catering/ordering of special staff luncheons for yourself and the team.
If you are detail oriented and love to organize events; take pride in your work; take responsibility for your work; understand that even the simplest of tasks affect the overall student experience, and get excited about the thought of helping to make students’ dreams come true, we would love to talk to you.
- Course logistics from classroom set-up through tear down/re-sets including:
- prepare classroom documents ( class rosters, class wine lists, name tags etc.)
- pull wines and organize for pouring in class
- greet arriving students and manage student sign-ins
- manage catering logistics (coordinate with caterers, arrange deliveries/pickups)
- manage and order classroom supplies
- manage evening clean-up/re-set crew
- administer exams
- Administrative Assistance
- use CRM software to check on course registrations, student information, etc.
- manage and order office supplies
- mail out certificates
- manage cleaning crew/services
- Student advising
- Answer student questions by phone, chats and visits
- Strong presence (greeting students, answering questions, etc)
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Strong organization and planning skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proven track record of balancing multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Strong MS Windows, MS Office skills (basic Excel skills particularly required)
- CRM software experience
- Wine industry experience and understanding of education in the wine industry are a plus
Who you are
- Outgoing people-person who thrives on connecting with others
- You have planning/organizing super-powers, thinking of all aspects of an event/experience
- You have a friendly, easy-going personality but with a “get it done” edge
- You are constantly learning, and constantly looking for ways to improve how you work
- You have the ability to prioritize and anticipate needs; requires a high degree of judgment
- You love checking things off your to-do list
- You are comfortable with making decisions and moving forward with incomplete information
- You have a hawk’s eye for detail – a veritable detail junkie!
- You feel that humor is an important part of a professional environment
- You are able to capture information quickly and on the fly
Warning: Napa Valley Wine Academy isn’t for everyone. We are a fiercely entrepreneurial team of fast-moving wine lovers. You will push yourself, make your mark, and engage with your teammates in an open, honest and respectful way – even when it’s uncomfortable. As with everyone on our team, you will celebrate (and fix) your mistakes, work hard as a valued member of the team, and continually look for ways to improve—Every. Single. Day.
For this position, you are probably NOT someone who:
- Likes to work in a quiet environment without interruptions
- Works best with a lot of guidance and direction
- Likes to gossip and thrives on drama
- Prefers work to flow to you smoothly
- Tends to leave projects half-finished or gets easily distracted by other ideas
- Is uncomfortable pushing back
- Is uncomfortable celebrating and sharing mistakes
- Does not enjoy thinking about and planning all of the small details involved in events/experiences
- Does not enjoy wine
What’s in it for you?
Beyond working with an amazing team of people who share your work ethic and desire to create something awesome:
- We provide a competitive salary plus earned, quarterly bonuses
- For full-time employees, we provide benefits including health care, Simple IRA with matching
- Continuing wine education opportunities and quarterly team fun days
- Transparency, including open-book accounting and active participation in strategic planning
- Consistent opportunities for growth, both professionally and personally
- Family-friendly Team
Location: Our Napa Valley HQ
How to Apply
To apply, please use the link below (other formats will not be accepted). Please, no calls about this position.APPLY NOW