Join Our Dream Team
Help connect people to their dreams through education.
What We Do
Napa Valley Wine Academy is the most awarded wine school in the nation having won the WSET Global Wine Educator of the Year in both 2016 and 2019. As one of the most respected wine schools in the world, our mission is to inspire and educate a global community of wine, spirits, and sake students. Every day, our team wakes up with the same, shared goal: to deliver excellence in education, while removing intimidation and frustration from each and every student’s educational journey.
In a nutshell, we are helping connect people to their dreams through education. It is incredibly exciting (and rewarding) work. We inspire and educate a global community of incredible students on a daily basis. We design and offer thoughtfully curated education programs and resources at every level to allow our students to attain the confidence and recognition that it takes to succeed in the wine world and that allows them to ultimately live the life and career of their dreams.
We believe in a personal approach to education, we are success-partners as well as guides on our students’ educational journey. Our engagement in a student’s journey starts with their first phone call, chat, or email.
We are a team of innovative and inspiring individuals who do great work and have a great time doing it. Each of us brings something unique to the table, but we thrive as a team.
We believe in…
Owning Your Success
To win, we are willing to put in the hard work; be decisive; take responsibility; hold ourselves accountable for our success.
Having Passion for Our Work
To accomplish great things, we need a hunger to continually do things better, with an understanding that everything we do makes a difference.
We ARE a Team
Working together as a tight-knit-team makes success happen. We tap into the genius of each member of our team, always open to each other’s perspectives.
Delivering an Amazing Experience
Our students may forget what we have said, but they will always remember how we made them feel. We use empathy to fix problems. Humility, gratitude, and compassion are our guiding principles.
Maintaining a Positive Focus
We give space to optimism and keep our perspective in the face of adversity. We see roadblocks as opportunities to be better and develop creative solutions to help create a better future.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
You will impact the experiences and goals of thousands of students from around the world while elevating standards for the industry as a whole.
OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
You will be challenged each and every day. We move fast, and we make BIG things happen. We are a quickly growing company and promote from within.
CONNECTIONS. CONNECTIONS. CONNECTIONS
You will work with a list of who’s who in the industry and build key relationships that will inspire and motivate you throughout your career.
You will work within a dynamic business, interacting with top educators and team members, and learning about wine every day.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Everything you do will impact the experiences and goals of our students and the industry. You will be integral in helping us conquer the global beverage education industry.
WORK WITH PASSIONATE TALENTED PEOPLE
We wake up ready to rock the wine world every day and inspire one another in that goal. Share your talents; collaborate on exciting projects – be a part of our talented and vivacious team.
Think outside of the box, help us do what no one else has done before.
Why you will LOVE being part of our team!
We are a group of driven, passionate, entrepreneurial people who create and deliver compelling learning experiences that impact the wine industry and help make a difference in our student’s lives.
Working with us is fun, rewarding, and inspiring. We are a remote team located across the United States from sea to shining sea. We stay connected daily through video chat and Slack and pride ourselves on creating a collaborative environment that also makes space for independent focus. Did we mention we also like to have FUN? We host regular team trivia games, virtual team wine tastings, cheese tastings, pun competitions, and more. Our laser focus is on putting the student at the center of everything we do!
WORK WITH US
A DREAM JOB FOR THE RIGHT PERSON!
SEEKING: EDUCATION CONTENT ASSOCIATE
Have a love of education and wine? Do you want to help create and manage educational content for America’s Premier Wine School, working with some of the finest wine experts in the world?
We are looking for a go-getter who is WSET-wine certified at Level 3 or higher to fill a full-time position with the Napa Valley Wine Academy as an Education Content Associate
You will work with our Instructional Design Manager on creating new educational material, while also being responsible for current course material management, upgrades, and updates, as well as managing outside expert content including expert webinar calendar and implementation, and other education-based content and project needs as they arise for both online and in-classroom courses.
A large part of your work will be project managing, including collaborating directly with our instructors, outside wine experts, and other content/service providers (ie videographers, photographers, graphic artists; and developers if applicable) regarding timelines, deadlines, and deliverables; attending video shoots if feasible; reviewing deliverable content, and managing the overall project timelines while keeping within the set budget.
At its core, the management of our existing and new content, its updates or upgrades, will be in your competent hands to either help create or bring across the finish line on time and on budget.
As the Napa Valley Wine Academy thoughtfully and strategically expands, we continue to add some of the brightest minds in the industry together with the sole purpose of helping our student’s dreams come true through education.
We are crazy passionate about providing wine education for people at all different stages of their wine education journey. We live each day to inspire them to keep exploring and learning. As America’s most awarded wine school, a two-time winner of the WSET Global Wine Educator of the Year award, and the largest wine certification provider in North America, we offer challenging and elevated courses to help wine industry professionals advance their careers. Our aim is clear: to be the BEST at what we do while delivering an amazing experience. We also offer courses designed for the curious wine lover who just wants to know more. We help them to succeed while making the learning process fun and engaging. Our team of expert instructors is passionate about what they do and we welcome everyone to explore and discover the world of wine.
We know that each of our team members has innate strengths and skills, and we encourage each of our team members to let those shine while also providing opportunities for growth and development. Every single team member plays a vital role in our students’ successes.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO (AKA KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Be an integral part of our education team, helping to create and manage educational products and projects
- Manage our webinar program including the booking and managing of expert presenters, and coordinating details with other key departments (operations and marketing teams).
- Book and manage contract work for new content with graphic artists, videographers, SMEs, and other instructional media developers.
- Manage project meetings, timelines, and deadlines for a project or product participants including team members, outside experts, and outside vendors, and monitor the progress of contracted work, troubleshooting any issues that arise in order to meet project deadlines
- Communicate project details and timelines with additional instrumental departments (Marketing & Operations) to help ensure timely project or product launches
- Oversee organization of content files & media in Google Drive
- Be the liaison between instructors or any outside experts for the delivery of relevant content or resources
- Assist Instructional Designer in scoping and/or cost estimating new content development.
- Initial reviews of new content developed by SMEs & other contracted work, assessing their adherence to project scope & course design outline
- Assist instructional designer in developing course scopes & learning design outlines
- Analyze survey results for courses, reporting issues in course content to Instructional Designer and VP of Education
- Liaise with customer service/student success team on content-related issues and triage necessary fixes in content by importance & established Course Updates schedule
- Responsible for working within a budget and quarterly company deadlines
THE RIGHT FIT
You will be a person who embraces our core values:
- Own Your Success – “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”– Scott Belsky
- We ARE a Team – “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” –Henry Ford
- Have Passion for Your Work – “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”– Steve Jobs
- Deliver an Amazing Experience – “Customers may forget what you said but they’ll never forget how you made them feel.” – Unknown
- Maintain a Positive Focus – “Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done.” – Bo Bennett
THIS POSITION IS ALSO FOR YOU IF HAVE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR TOOL KIT (AKA REQUIREMENTS)
- WSET Level 3 certification or higher is required. Sorry, no equivalents to WSET, as advanced knowledge of the WSET certifications is required to create or update content
- Comfortability with contacting numerous parties, including renowned wine experts, by phone, email, Slack, Trello, or other communication platforms is critical
- Comfortability in communicating with parties regarding deadlines, budgets, and deliverables is crucial
- Project Management experience is a big plus
- Prior use of a project management tool(s) a plus
- Instructional Design skills or experience is a plus
- Must be proficient with technology and/or eager to learn any programs/platforms not currently familiar to you
- Familiarity with pedagogy/best learning methods for adult students is a plus
- Familiarity or ability to quickly gain proficiency in new learning management software is a big plus
- Familiarity with front end web development a plus (ie HTML, CSS)
As Education Content Associate, you will report to the VP of Education and work closely with the Instructional Design Manager.
Working days and hours will be set with the VP of Education, and anticipated to be 9-5 pm pacific time, Monday through Friday.
This position is remote and does not require the candidate to live in the vicinity of the Napa, CA headquarters in order to fulfill the general responsibilities noted above.
Did we get your interest? Ready to apply? Here is how:
Please complete the application form below and submit your resume, and answer the application questionnaire.
We won’t consider any resumes or applications sent without using the form below.