What level of knowledge will you need to start this course? There are no prerequisites or prior knowledge of saké required to enter the program, however, students will be required to complete a monitored online study program, which will begin two weeks before attending the classroom-based element of the course. Textbook and online study are included.
- Saké Tasting Technique and Production
- Rice Options
- Water Options and Koji Options
- Yeast Options and Shubo Options
- Moromi Options and Pressing
- Finishing Options and Storage
- Speciality Saké Categories and Global Saké Industry
- Sake Outside Japan & Saké and Japanese Food Pairing
EXAM format: The WSET Level 3 in Saké examination is in two parts: first, a blind tasting of two (2) sakés and second, a theory examination consisting of multiple choice and written answer questions. Both parts require a passing grade to be awarded the Level 3 Award in Saké. The examination duration is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Location: Napa Valley Wine Academy 2501 Oak Street, Napa CA 94559