What level of knowledge will you need to start this course? There are no prerequisites or prior knowledge of sake required to enter the program, however, students will be required to complete a monitored online study program, which will begin two weeks before attending the classroom-based element of the course. Textbook and online study are included.
- Sake Tasting Technique and Production
- Rice Options
- Water Options and Koji Options
- Yeast Options and Shubo Options
- Moromi Options and Pressing
- Finishing Options and Storage
- Speciality Sake Categories and Global Sake Industry
- Sake Outside Japan & Sake and Japanese Food Pairing
EXAM format: The WSET Level 3 in Sake examination is in two parts: first, a blind tasting of two (2) sakes and second, a theory examination consisting of multiple choice and written answer questions. Both parts require a passing grade to be awarded the Level 3 Award in Sake. The examination duration is 2 hours and 15 minutes.