There is no previous knowledge necessary to enroll in this course. This online class is specially designed for:
The WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of spirits. It is designed to provide a sound but simple introduction to spirits. The qualification will assist those who need a basic familiarity with the main styles and categories of spirits, for example, people who work with spirits as part of a larger beverage portfolio, in the retail and hospitality sectors. Successful candidates will be able to list the principal spirits categories, state their defining characteristics, and know the key principles involved in the storage and service of spirits. They will consequently be in a position to answer customer queries and provide recommendations for spirits service.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award Certificate in Spirits you will need to successfully pass an exam with 30 multiple-choice questions. - EXAM can be taken online within 12-months of enrolling in the online course at one of our school locations.
- Instructor support.
- A weekly quiz is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics.
- Independent tasting activities are also provided to familiarize students with the Systematic Approach to Tasting at a beginner level.
- 30 question mock-exam to prepare you for the actual exam.
- One exam credit
- NVWA Instructor and course community group for engagement (one place where you'll find all engagement details)
- NVW instructor-led virtual webinars