Wine is a sensory experience. We believe wine education should be too. Our all-new Wine 101 Live™ combines world-class wine instruction with interactive demonstrations to provide an immersive introduction to wine fundamentals.
By the end of this course, you will better understand how major grape varieties, wine regions and winemaking processes around the world shape a wine’s character and taste.
You’ll also be able to...
- Select, store and enjoy wine with greater confidence
- Have the tools to sharpen your tasting skills
- Your instructor:
- Monika Vescovi, dipWSET, Certified Wine Instructor and Sommelier , IMW Stage 2 candidate
- 4 hours of classroom instruction
- 8-sample wine tasting (plus sparkling welcome glass)
- Le Nez du Vin 6-aroma kit
- Wine compass
- Music and Wine Experience: perception of taste in changing music
- Food and wine pairing exercises
- Hands-on service demonstration using sommelier methods
- Certification of completion
- Access to Wine 101 online curriculum for additional 8-hour instruction (optional)
- Additional Certification after passing 30-question, multiple choice exam
Wine 101 Live™ is 4 hours of instruction plus interactive demonstrations and tastings.
1| INTRODUCTION TO WINE
1.1 | What's in the Bottle
1.2 | Wine Types & Styles
Module 1 | Review & Quiz
2 | THE INFLUENCE OF SITE, GRAPE VARIETIES, & WINEMAKING
2.1 | The Influence of Site
2.2 | The Influence of Grape Variety
2.3 | The Influence of Winemaking
Module 2 | Review & Quiz
3 | THE PRINCIPLES OF WINE REGIONS OF THE WORLD
3.1 | Wine Labels
3.2 | Old World
3.3 | New World
Module 3 | Review & Quiz
4 | WINE TASTING, STORING, SERVING, AND PAIRING
4.1 | Tasting Wine
4.2 | Proper Storing & Serving Techniques
4.3 | Wine Pairing Basics
4.4 | Wine & Music
4.5 | Ordering Wine
Module 4 | Review & Quiz
Q: What’s different between the online and live course?
A: Both courses share a similar curriculum. Wine 101 Live™ provides the added bonus of interactive learning, and does not include a final exam. The live class also features additional exercises such as food and wine pairings and “Wine and Music.” All live students have access to the online course included in their registration if they want to dive deeper and complete the final exam. The online course also contains videos, interactive feedback quizzes, a practice exam, and an optional graded final quiz.
Q: Why do I need this certification-can't I just learn this information on my own using Wikipedia and free online resources?
A: Learning from a wine academy provides unbiased information about wine. We don’t represent a certain region or producer, so you’re not going to be “sold to.” Our programs are designed, researched, and written by wine professionals that understand the responsibility of creating courses that conform to professional education standards. This will give you the confidence that your wine knowledge is validated and backed by a globally trusted educational institution.
There are no reviews yet.