WSET Level 2 Intermediate Online Course
Our 5-week WSET Level 2 Online Course gives students the advantage of a structured and instructor-guided online environment that helps students gain an understanding of the key grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world as well as the production of spirits and liqueurs.
Upcoming Level 2 Online-Classes
Price $595 (includes all course materials, online classroom access, and exam fees)
WSET Level 2 (Intermediate) Online Course: Award in Wine & Spirits
This qualification covers the key grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world as well as the production of spirits and liqueurs. During class, students will be taken through a guided tasting of wines and taught the WSET systematic approach to tasting wine that will let you access wines in a structured manner. Napa Valley Wine Academy students will receive study pointers on the Level 2 WSET exam. The level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: None necessary. This class is especially recommended for:
- Those in the retail, hospitality or wholesale areas of the wine and spirits industry wishing to obtain greater knowledge and professional certification from a trusted internationally-recognized organization;
- Wine enthusiasts wanting to gain a broad view of grapes and wines produced around the world
- Anyone wanting to learn how to taste and access wines professionally
To obtain the WSET Level 2 Award Certificate in Wine & Spirits, you will need to successfully pass an exam with 50 multiple-choice questions. -EXAM must be taken in person at our Napa Valley Education Center. Upon successful completion of this WSET Level 2 Certification Course you will have gained:
- Training in the broad range of wine, spirits and liqueur, knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry.
- WSET Tutored tasting of wines.
- Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to access a wines quality and price
- Level II Award in Wine & Spirits Certification from the WSET -which is a formal qualification in wine.
The WSET Level 2 (Intermediate) Certificate online course follows a 5-week study program wich includes LIVE webinars and instructor support with set start and finish dates as follows:
- Week 1 – Factors Influencing Wine Style, Quality & Price, Sales & Service, Responsible Drinking
- Week 2 – Key Grape Varieties
- Week 3 – Regional, Quality & Stylistic Labeling Terms, Food & Wine Matching
- Week 4 – Sparkling Wines, Sweet Wines, Spirits & Liqueurs
- Week 5 – Review and Mock Exam