CSW Online Course
This qualification covers the key grape varieties grown and the different styles of wine produced around the world. During the online class, students will be taken through a guided tasting of wines and taught the Society of Wine Educators approach to tasting wine. The level of knowledge needed to take this course: None necessary. This class is especially recommended for:
- Those in the retail, hospitality, or wholesale areas of the wine and spirits industry wishing to obtain greater knowledge and professional certification from the Society of Wine Educators;
- Wine enthusiasts wanting to gain a broad understanding of the major grapes and wines produced around the world
The course is divided into Nine (9) weekly lessons as follows:
- Lesson 1: CSW Week 1 – Tasting Technique, Wine Chemistry & Faults
- Lesson 2: CSW Week 2 – Viticulture and Enology
- Lesson 3: CSW Week 3 – Wine Labels and Laws
- Lesson 4: CSW Week 4 – France
- Lesson 5: CSW Week 5 – Italy
- Lesson 6: CSW Week 6 – Spain & Portugal
- Lesson 7: CSW Week 7 – Germany, Central and Eastern Europe, and Eastern Mediterranean
- Lesson 8: CSW Week 8 – North America
- Lesson 9: CSW Week 9 – Southern Hemisphere
Course Includes: The CSW Study Guide, access to the 9-week online course, CSW Exam Fee, 3-live Webinars, live online instructor support.
Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) Online Course
The course also includes three (3) instructor-led live webinars during the course:
- Week 1 Webinar: Wednesday 5pm PST
- Week 2 Webinar: Wednesday 5pm PST
- Week 7 Webinar: Wednesday 5pm PST
These webinars are recorded and available for later viewing if you are unable to attend live.
During the course, you will be asked to taste a minimum of eighteen (18) wines as part of the online activities. You will be provided with a recommended list of wines to try, however, please note that you will need to arrange for your own tasting samples.
You will have access to the online classroom for a total of nine (9) weeks.
To obtain the Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) certification, you will need to successfully pass an exam with 100 multiple-choice questions. -EXAM must be taken in person at one of the worldwide Pearson VUE Centers.
July 7-September 9, 2017, October 6-December 8, 2017, January 26-March 29, 2018, April 20-June 22, 2018, July 20-September 21, 2018, October 5-December 8, 2018