Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) Online Course
The course is divided into Nine (9) weekly lessons as follows:
- Lesson 1: CSW Week 1 – Tasting Technique, Wine Chemistry & Faults
- Lesson 2: CSW Week 2 – Viticulture and Enology
- Lesson 3: CSW Week 3 – Wine Labels and Laws
- Lesson 4: CSW Week 4 – France
- Lesson 5: CSW Week 5 – Italy
- Lesson 6: CSW Week 6 – Spain & Portugal
- Lesson 7: CSW Week 7 – Germany, Central and Eastern Europe, and Eastern Mediterranean
- Lesson 8: CSW Week 8 – North America
- Lesson 9: CSW Week 9 – Southern Hemisphere
Each week consists of a series of online activities, with an online tutor to help guide the students’ studies. A quiz is provided at the end of each week for students to practice for the exam and assess their understanding of that week’s topics.
The course also includes weekly live instructor-led webinars. The webinars are recorded and available for on-demand viewing if students are unable to attend. During each webinar your instructor will conduct a review of the week’s material and lead a guided tasting. Please note that while encouraged, purchasing wine and participating in weekly tastings is optional. The Napa Valley Wine Academy has made arrangements with Wine.com and pre-selected a 12-bottle case that may be used during the CSW Online Course: Certified Specialist of Wine Tasting Case. Students choosing to participate in the weekly tastings may purchase the CSW case from Wine.com, or are welcome to purchase other suitable wines from a vendor of their choice.
Students will have access to the online classroom for a total of twelve (12) weeks, including nine (9) weeks of instructor access. To obtain the Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) certification, students will need to successfully pass an exam with 100 multiple-choice questions. The CSW exam must be taken in person at one of the worldwide Pearson VUE Centers. Upon completion of the course, students will arrange with Pearson VUE testing center to schedule their exam. Pearson VUE will send an exam confirmation separately.
STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE DATES.