Italian Wine Professional (IWP) Program3-Day Intensive Program
Italian Wine Professional (IWP)
Available as a 3-Day Intensive or as an online course- with Online Study Module
Looking to learn more about Italian wine than Chianti and Pinot Grigio? Want to become adept at asking for some of those hard-to-pronounce wines you see in the Italian section of your local wine store? Working in a position where Italian wine sales are part of your job description, but lacking confidence in talking about them? Studying for a lofty wine credential but having a hard time making sense of the Italian chapter? Need validation of your Italian wine knowledge? The Online Study Module The Italian Wine Professional course content will be delivered online in eight units, which students can work through at their own pace prior to attending the course. Each unit consists of a series of Italian wine regions, with informative text and graphics, designed for online self-study. Each unit includes exercises designed to allow students to assess their understanding of the material and are designed to reinforce the key learning objectives. 3-Day Intensive Course – After completing the online program, students will attend our 3-Day classroom portion of the course. During the classroom sessions, students will: No matter which format students choose, 3-day intensive or 5-Week Evening course, students will:
- Attend instructor lead presentations that include interactive presentations, discussions, games, and question-and-answer exercises.
- Partake in instructor lead wine tastings of approximately 50 wines that represent the regions that were covered in the online program .
- Make their presentations to the class .
Exam - After attending the live course and completing the eight online lessons, students will be eligible to sit the Italian Wine Professional (IWP) exam online. The exam is a test that combines multiple-choice with fill in the blank and matching style questions. There is no tasting or oral answer component to the exam. The minimum passing score is 80%, a score of 90% or above is required to pass the exam “with honors.”
To ENROLL select a location below:
- 3-day Intensive course includes 24 hours (3-days) of classroom instruction with instructor lead tastings of over 50 Italian Wines ($600 value)
206-pagebook is the hard-copy version of the Italian Wine Professional course, featuring:
- Eight unit-chapters that follow the content presented in the live and online IWP courses
- Workbook exercises
- Dozens of full-color images and custom-made maps
- Additional reference materials in the back that make the book useful as a professional resource and backup for the Italian Wine Central website
- 5-Week Evening course included 24 hours of classroom instruction with instructor lead tastings of over 50 Italian Wines ($600 value)
- Access to the online classroom section of the Italian Wine Central website, with up-to-date information, workbook exercises, and quizzes ($250 value)
- Italian Wine Professional exam and certificate upon passing the IWP exam ($400 value).
The Italian Wine Professional™ (IWP) is a training and certification program designed to help students of wine become comfortable with the complex world of Italian wine. It has been created specifically to give those who have experience with wine but have not dealt much with Italian wine—and even those who are quite familiar with certain categories of Italian wine but want to broaden their scope to less familiar territory—the confidence needed to discuss, sell, and buy Italian wine. This program is geared toward those who work in retail, restaurant, import, and distribution roles, but is also ideal for wine writers, educators, and avid connoisseurs who wish to increase their knowledge of Italian wine. Anyone who likes Italian wine but wants some help in understanding Italian wine labels, expanding their horizons in choosing wines on a wine list, or appreciating the differences between the myriad Italian wine styles can enjoy and benefit from the IWP course.
Course and Certification
The Italian Wine Professional is offered by Napa Valley Wine Academy as a 3-day intensive program, consisting of nine educational sessions and tastings followed by an exam. The material is comprehensive, and seminars are delivered at a fast pace, requiring a commitment to learning on the part of the student. Successful candidates earn the IWP credential.
The Italian Wine Professional™ course is designed as
Barbara H. - Las Vegas, Nevada