As you work through the course you will be asked to share your learning experience with the rest of the course group, looking at the key spirit types and sharing tasting notes. Tasting is an essential part of studying for this course, and you will need to taste a minimum of 8 spirits (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
The Level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: None necessary.
- How spirits are made
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- How production methods affect style and quality
- The major global spirits brands
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Online tastings on eight general styles of spirits with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
To obtain the WSET® Level 2 Award Certificate in Spirits, you will need to successfully pass the 50 multiple choice question exam.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 2 Certification Course, you will have gained
- Training in the broad range of spirits and liqueur, knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry.
- WSET® ONLINE Tutored tasting of spirits
- Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to assess a spirit’s quality and price
- Level 2 Award in Spirits Certification from the WSET®
- Tuition Fee $595
- Includes Priority shipping of course book, 5-week online course, textbooks, study materials, and exam.
Please note registration for this course closes two weeks before the course date.