Website Robert Parker Wine Advocate
Matter of Taste NYC 2019: Call for Volunteer Sommeliers
The Wine Advocate returns to New York on Saturday, November 23rd for its annual Matter of Taste event, which will be held at the Ziegfeld Ballroom. The Grand Walkabout will feature over 150 producers from around the world pouring wines rated at least 93 points by our reviewers, who will be in attendance to teach a stellar group of masterclasses. William Kelley will present a tasting of Laurent-Perrier’s Grand Siècle; Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW will be with Phillip Corallo-Titus to present a Chappellet retrospective, while Joe Czerwinski and Peter Gago will pour six decades of Penfolds Grange.
The Wine Advocate is looking for ten (10) sommeliers to help the expert panelists during their Master Classes for the event. Our reviewers Anthony Mueller and Erin Brooks will be leading the sommelier team this year, so it will be a great chance to work with these experienced wine professionals.
Sommelier positions will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The work includes room setup, breakdown and turning of Master Classes, decanting, fault checking and pouring. You will receive two (2) VIP tickets to the Walkabout Tasting to attend with a friend when not assisting with the Master Classes. The Walkabout Tasting is a great opportunity to taste the wines of Ducru-Beaucaillou, Araujo, Domaine Ramonet, Guigal, Poderi Aldo Conterno, Dominus, Figeac, López de Heredia, Harlan, Henschke and many more….
The Master Class topics for this event are as follows:
- Champagne for a King: Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle with William Kelley and Stéphane Dalyac
- Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Retrospective Tasting 1975-2016 with Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW, Cyril Chappellet and Phillip Corralo-Titus
- Six Decades of Penfolds Grange with Joe Czerwinski and Peter Gago
- Hundred Acre Portfolio Perspective with Jayson Woodbridge and Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW
- Inside Barbaresco: A Spotlight on Produttori del Barbaresco with Monica Larner and Aldo Vacca
Further details about the 2017 Matter of Taste New York events can be found at:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com