Website Long Meadow Ranch
Long Meadow Ranch is a family-owned agricultural enterprise producing grapes and wine, olives and olive oil, grass-fed beef and lamb, fruits, vegetables, and eggs in the Napa Valley, Anderson Valley and Marin County. The Long Meadow Ranch operations also include an acclaimed farm-to-table restaurant, a general store and wine tasting bar in the historic Logan-Ives House, an outdoor cafe, a farmer’s market, a working garden and a variety of unique event spaces all located at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch.
The General Store features Long Meadow Ranch wines that are crafted as elegant, balanced, food-friendly wines. The store also offers our collection of olive oils, and seasonal provisions made by our artisans or handcrafted by friends from Napa Valley and beyond who support local and sustainable practices. This position will promote the sales of wine and non-wine merchandise, provide exceptional customer service, create a unique experience for each guest and build LMR brand loyalty.
Long Meadow Ranch has a great opportunity for a positive, energetic individual with a passion for food and wine to joining our growing team as a Wine Ambassador in our tasting room at the General Store at Farmstead. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic individual who is personable and friendly, customer service oriented, motivated by sales and goals. Must provide excellent story-telling and service to create a memorable guest experience.
- Host retail wine tastings that convey LMR brand image and lead to sales transactions and brand loyalty
- Lead estate wine tours, occasionally
- Provide the first line of information to the customer by greeting, directing and answering questions regarding our wines, merchandise, history and facilities
- Build, enhance and maintain long-term customer relationships
- Handle retail sales of specialty merchandise, food items, olive oil and wine
- Offer wine club program and encourage sign-ups in a captivating manner as to increase sales and build customer loyalty
- Complete transactions accurately on point of sales system, including shipping orders, wine club and cash transactions
Stock, price and display merchandise
Education, Experience and Required Skills
- Two years experience in a tasting room or retail sales environment
- Strong knowledge about wines, varietals and the winemaking process
- Experience with POS systems
- Excellent customer service is key in this role
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate in a welcoming and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, Sundays are required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A pre-employment investigative consumer report required
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a part-time, hourly position
- Highly competitive hourly wage plus sales and wine club incentives and a 401k benefit
Apply online: http://www.longmeadowranch.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.