Blind Tasting WorkshopImprove your blind tasting skills
Blind Tasting Workshop
You’ve sniffed and sipped and contemplated. The instructor asks you to identify the region, the grape, and says to take a stab at naming the vintage and producer. “Napa Chardonnay, 2012, Stony Hill,” you say with sheer confidence. And after a slight pause, the instructor looks down in dismay, but only for a second–to fool you–because in actuality…you nailed it! Fireworks! Pomp and circumstance! Parades! Confetti!
Now, listen: it might not go exactly like that, but the first time you nail a wine blind (even just the region and grape), it’ll feel like you just won the lotto.
This class is designed to help anyone improve their tasting skills–especially those students studying for a wine certification exam. Tasting wines blind strips away preconceived notions and expectations of the wine. You will learn about the physiology of taste and how to objectively evaluate acidity, tannin, alcohol, residual sugar (RS) and other structural elements of wine.
- Two flights of three to four wines each.
- Wines will be classic examples from classic regions.
- Please be aware this is not a lecture class put a focused formalized tasting workshop.
- Students will have 30 minutes per flight to evaluate the wines and write tasting notes.
- Each flight is followed by a group discussion of the wines.
- Full 4 Weeknight Sessions $345, all-inclusive
- Single Evening Session $95, all-inclusive
Napa Valley Wine Academy
Course location Napa Valley Wine Academy – 2501 Oak Street, Napa CA 94559