WEBINAR – Steven Spurrier – On Bordeaux – A Wine Tasting
FREE LIVE Webinar On Bordeaux with wine legend Steven Spurrier
Saturday, October 24, 2020, 11 am PDT
Join us for our FREE webinar with wine legend, Steven Spurrier. Steven is the man responsible for organizing the famous 1976 Judgement of Paris Tasting. Steven will be joined by Peter Marks, MW for a discussion and wine tasting of Bordeaux. The two will discuss the release of the new book On Bordeaux and taste three Bordeaux wines live. Once registered you will receive a link to purchase an optional wine kit, from wine.com, that includes the wines that Steven and Peter will be tasting and discussing during the webinar.
We also encourage you to PURCHASE a copy of On Bordeaux – Tales of the Unexpected from the World’s Greatest Wine Region, published by the Académie du Vin Library, our strategic partner. Purchase includes the live webinar, the recorded webinar version, and a copy of the book.
*Wine kits must be purchased separately via supplied link emailed after registration.
Tales of the Unexpected from the World’s Greatest Wine Region
“If you want to know why Bordeaux is so much talked about, read this book from the most knowledgeable insiders and most entertaining outsiders.”
When things turn out right for Bordeaux, as they frequently do, its wines are sublime. They inspire many thousands of tributes, from Samuel Pepys’ succinct reviews to the most rhapsodic of Michael Broadbent’s tasting notes – in short, over 300 years of wine writing. On Bordeaux is a collection of the best bits, from our best-loved wine writers, critics, and commentators, set around 10 of the themes that make Bordeaux tick.
As Jane Anson writes in her introduction: “multi-layered, clear-eyed, moving and often extremely funny [this] collection of stories… celebrates, illuminates and renews our understanding of Bordeaux.”
In On Bordeaux:
- Hugh Johnson, Fiona Beckett, and Baron Elie de Rothschild discuss dining out on Bordeaux: how best to serve it, with what and who with.
- Mathieu Chadronnier, Christian Seely, and Joe Fattorini shed light on the way we see claret today.
- Ian Maxwell Campbell extols the virtues of 1871 and 1875, the last great vintages before the phylloxera plague.
- Fiona Morrison MW explores Bordeaux’s great bounce-back and how the vintage of 1982 changed everything.
- John Salvi, Bill Blatch, and Peter Vinding-Diers reveal the wines that lead the way to Bordeaux’s future.
- Joe Fattorini serves up everything you need to know about running the iconic Médoc Marathon.
- Hugh Johnson pays tribute to Bordeaux master Michael Broadbent.