WSET Level 1 Certification
Wine, Spirits, and Sake
The WSET Level 1 Certifications are ideal for those seeking to enrich their knowledge in one of the following areas: wine, spirits, or sake. Designed as a foundation level courses for those students working in the on- or off-premise (hospitality, retail or restaurant industry). These classes are particularly helpful for restaurant serves who have not experienced any formal wine education.
WSET Level 1 Foundation Certifications
You’ll explore the main styles and types of either wine, spirits, or sake (depending on the course you choose) through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavors and aromas. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- None, this is a foundation level course
What you’ll learn
- The basic principles of either wine, spirits, or sake production
- The main types and styles of wine, spirits, or sake
- How to serve wine, spirits, or sake
- Factors affecting the flavor of wine, spirits, or sake
- How to describe wine, spirits, or sake using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
- Courses are offered in-person and online, however, exams must be taken in-person within 12 months of taking the course
- All course materials and textbooks, including any test fees, are included.