WSET® Level 3 Online (Advanced) Award in Wine
This course provides a more in-depth and comprehensive look at the world of wines with an intense focus on systematically and professionally tasting wines.
To successfully obtain the WSET® Level 3 Award Certification in Wine & Spirits, students must take a two-part exam: a written and tasting portion.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 3 Certification Course and Exam you will have gained
- In-depth training on wines of the world with an understanding on the factors that influence style, quality, and price.
- Knowledge applicable to sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry, but also to those wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of wines around the world.
- An advanced Level 3 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET®
- Ability to request and use the official logo — WSET® Certified Advanced — on your business cards, websites, and other professional material.
- The required pre-requisite for WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wine & Spirits
The WSET® Level 3 course covers the major grapes and wine styles produced around the world, including what influences the style and quality of these wines and the prices procured for them.
The level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: WSET® Level 2 certification is recommended.
- This course is ideal for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the leading wine of the world and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price.
- Level 3 is particularly recommended to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections.
- This course is also for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine to recognize varied wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.