WSET Level 3 Nine (9) – Week Online Course
Gain an extensive understanding of wines through a 9-week Interactive online study program that is flexible to work around your existing commitments. The Level 3 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course but through a supported and Interactive Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of an educator. Please note that the exam is completed in person and not online.
This course is designed to develop your ability to describe wine accurately and account in detail for the style, quality, and price of wines and spirits.
As you work through the course, you will be asked to share your learning experience with the rest of the course group, looking in detail at the influences that affect each wine style and sharing tasting notes. Tasting is an essential part of studying for this course, and you will need to taste a minimum of 12 wines (not provided, but you will be given guidance on the styles to taste).
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
WSET® Level 3 Online (Advanced) Award in Wine
This course provides a more in-depth and comprehensive look at the world of wines with an intense focus on systematically and professionally tasting wines.
To successfully obtain the WSET® Level 3 Award Certification in Wine & Spirits, students must take a two-part exam: a written and tasting portion.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 3 Certification Course and Exam you will have gained
- In-depth training on wines of the world with an understanding on the factors that influence style, quality, and price.
- Knowledge applicable to sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry, but also to those wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of wines around the world.
- An advanced Level 3 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET®
- Ability to request and use the official logo — WSET® Certified Advanced — on your business cards, websites, and other professional material.
- The required pre-requisite for WSET® Level 4 Diploma in Wine & Spirits
The WSET® Level 3 course covers the major grapes and wine styles produced around the world, including what influences the style and quality of these wines and the prices procured for them.
The level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: WSET® Level 2 certification is recommended.
- This course is ideal for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the leading wine of the world and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price.
- Level 3 is particularly recommended to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections.
- This course is also for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine to recognize varied wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
|Dimensions||15 x 11.5 x 2 in|
May 20-July 21, 2017, June 17-August 18, 2017, July 15-September 15, 2017, August 19-October 21, 2017, September 16-November 18, 2017, October 21-December 23, 2017, January 6-March 10, 2018, January 20-March 24, 2018, February 17-April 21, 2018, March 17-May 16, 2018, April 21-June 23, 2018