WSET Level 3 Advanced Certification
This course is especially recommended for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the main wine of the world and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price. This course is mainly designed to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections. Additionally, this course is also ideal for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine and to recognize various wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
WSET Level 3 Advanced Award in Wines and Spirits
This course provides a more in-depth and comprehensive look at the world of wines with an intense focus on systematically and professionally tasting wines.
This course covers the major grapes and wine styles produced around the world, including what influences the style and quality of these wines and the prices procured for them.
You will taste 80+ different wines (still, sparkling, and fortified).
This course is especially recommended for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the main wine of the world, and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price. This course is mainly designed to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections. Additionally, this course is also ideal for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine and to recognize various wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
Holding the WSET Level 2 certification or equivalent experience is strongly recommended. If you have further questions or are curious about taking an entrance test for this course, please call us at 855-513-9738. Price varies depending upon location and includes all course material, exam fees, and wines tasted in class.
To ENROLL select a location from below
WSET Level 3 Napa, California$1,345.00 – $2,650.00
WSET Level 3 Harvest Boot Camp Napa, California$2,500.00
WSET Level 3 Spring Boot Camp Napa, California$2,500.00
WSET Level 3 Tampa, Florida$1,595.00
WSET Level 3 Cleveland, Ohio$1,250.00
WSET Level 3 Denver, Colorado$1,250.00
WSET Level 3 Nine (9) – Week Online Course$995.00
“I am really glad that I took the course. I learned so much and increased my confidence when speaking about wine as well. It cemented my desire to remain in the wine industry and to continue to learn. I thought the presentation was great and the knowledge you and the other instructors brought was impressive and inspiring. I also enjoyed St. Supery as a venue.”
—Brian E. - Sonoma, California WSET Level 3 Graduate
The WSET Level 3 Advanced Certification was a great experience and I learned so much. Christian, Catherine and Gence are all so knowledgeable about wines and spirits. The course was a great opportunity to learn more about the quality and the different styles of wines and spirits. I highly recommend Napa Valley Wine Academy to everyone how is interested in learning more about the interesting world of wine.
Camil S. - Bern, Switzerland WSET Level 3 Graduate
I cannot say enough about my fantastic experience as part of the WSET 3 class in Tampa. Even though months were spent at home trying to really grasp the material, it was not sticking in a way that made me comfortable with sitting the exam. After the first hour in class, I found the information beginning to gel. Christian and Michelle were exceptional at breaking down the details and the all-important “why.” The knowledge I keep with me today far exceeds the knowledge I brought to the class.
Windy K. - Florida, WSET Level 3 Graduate
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation, and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to make appropriate wine recommendations
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Tutored tastings of 82 wines
- Access to our Online Wine Academy for the duration of the course including interactive study aids, quizzes, preparation videos, mock exams and instructor-graded tasting notes.
To successfully obtain this Certification in Wines and Spirits, students must take a two-part exam: a written and tasting portion.
Upon successful completion of this certification course, you will have gained
- In-depth training on wines, spirits and liqueurs of the world with an understanding of the factors that influence style, quality, and price.
- Knowledge applicable to sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry, but also to those wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of wines around the world.
- WSET® Tutored tasting of 80+ wines which lets you professionally access wines.
- An advanced Level 3 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET®
- Ability to request and use the official logo — WSET Certified Advanced — on your business cards, websites, and other professional material.
- The required pre-requisite for Level 4 Diploma in Wine & Spirits
- Two options are offered for this course, which requires 32 hours of classroom instruction:
OPTION 1: Students may register for a 5-day immersion (includes field trip at our Napa location))
OPTION 2: Students may register for our 8-week night course
- NEW- Online WSET Level 3 study module included with the tuition
- All course materials and textbooks, including any test fees are included
- Only wines to be tasted in class are provided in this course
- Advanced preparation with course text and materials is required
Why take the NEW WSET Level 3 with the Napa Valley Wine Academy?
- We are Trained and Ready. Our WSET instructors have been trained and certified by WSET London in the new Level 3 course delivery format, teaching style, and tasting techniques.
- We Teach in the New Style Already. We have been teaching all of our WSET courses in the new prescribed interactive teaching style since our school was founded over 5 years ago.
- We are a Trusted Source of WSET Education. We have certified more WSET Level 3 students than any other school in the west and south coasts of the US.
- Student Support is our Middle Name. No other WSET provider in the US offers the level of support that we do in preparing you for the NEW WSET Level 3 certification. Our support includes:
- Online pre-course study module that includes; videos that cover key learning objectives, teacher-moderated student forums, instructor-led live webinars, tasting note review with individual instructor feedback. This is EXCLUSIVE to enrolled Napa Valley Wine Academy students and included in your tuition.
- In-class support, reinforcement, and review of knowledge with visual and tactile material and exercises such as; map exercises, critical thinking exercises, short answer question intensive review, mock, and pop quizzes to assess and help establish learning throughout the course.
- Exclusive field trips to wineries and vineyards to help understand the complicated production process. These educational trips are included in your tuition.
- Tasting and evaluation of over 90 wines during the in-class course and the availability to purchase pre-made wine study packs designed to help you further master the Systematic Approach to Tasting.
- BEST instructors. Our WSET-Certified tasting assessors hold the rigorous WSET Diploma and the Master of Wine credentials.
- Students chose our school from far and wide. Our testimonials speak for themselves.