WSET Level 2 Certification- Award in SpiritsLearn all about Spirits
WSET Level 2 Certification- Award in Spirits
The WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits is designed to provide a thorough knowledge and understanding of spirits and liqueurs. The course covers history, production and style of spirits of the world: Cognac, Armagnac and other brandies; Scotch, Bourbon and whiskeys; white spirits, including vodka, rum, tequila, gin; and liqueurs and other flavored spirits. Tasting is part of every session. The course consists of 6 two-hour sessions followed by a seventh session for review and the exam. A one-hour examination includes 50 multiple-choice questions and a theoretical tasting note of one spirit or liqueur.
Day 1 9:00am to 4:00pm
Day 2 9:00am to 4:00pm
Day 3 Exam 10:00am to 11:30am
Level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: None necessary.
The aim of the course is to give comprehensive training in spirits and liqueurs and covers the history, production and styles of principal spirits and liqueurs. The Level 2 Award in Spirits is supported by the world’s major spirits companies.
Session One: Overview and Introduction to Spirits Tasting
Session Two: Cognac, Armagnac and Spanish Brandy
Session Three: Grain Based Spirits: Scotch, Bourbon and Whiskies of the World
Session Four: Other Brandies and Vodka
Session Five: Vegetable Based Spirits: Rum, Tequila and others
Session Six: Gin, Liqueurs and Flavored Spirits
Session Seven: Review and Exam
To obtain the WSET® Level 2 Award Certificate in Spirits, you will need to successfully pass a paper with 50 multiple choice questions.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 2 Certification Course you will have gained
- Training in the broad range of spirits and liqueur, knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry.
- WSET® Tutored tasting of spirits
- Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to access a spirit’s quality and price
- Level 2 Award in Spirits Certification from the WSET®
- Tuition Fee $625 (Please inquire about discounts for groups and members of the trade.)
- Lunch option $50 includes lunches on both days of the course
- Includes shipping materials via FedEx, 12 hours of instruction, textbooks, study materials, tasting samples and exam.
- You will automatically be enrolled for the exam when you register, unless you notify us15 business days prior to the exam that you wish to sit the exam at a later date. Without prior notification you will be charged $150 to sit the exam at a later date.
Upcoming Classes in Napa
Payment plans available at checkout
2015 dates coming soon
Thanks Christian, and all of the wonderful instructors at NVWA. What an amazing experience! I’m so grateful. Cheers to all!—Gigi D. - WSET Level 2 Graduate
Once you obtain the Level 2 Award in Spirits you can apply to use the certified logo.
All course materials and textbooks, including any test fees, are included.
NOTE: Advanced preparation with course text and materials is required.
I took the WSET level 2 course from Christian in 2013 at the Napa Valley Wine Academy. His passion for the topic and enthusiasm for education is contagious. I would recommend Christian and the Napa Valley Wine Academy to anyone wanting to learn more about wine and spirits. Christian is a true asset to the wine industry.Russell M. Marlborough, New Zealand - WSET Level 2 Graduate