I’m excited to bring you part 2 of our 3-part series featuring the talent acquisition team with SGWS, the largest distributor in American
In our first episode we met Vince Pierce, the Senior Director and fearless leader of Talent Acquisition and he gave us an overview of what his team does and a general idea of the roles they recruit for. Today we’ll drill down further and talk about specific opportunities. Chip Turrisi, Early Career Recruiting & Programs Manager, will tell us how to go right from college to working in the wine industry. And, Mike Cashion, Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition, which is a fancy term for IT, will explain how those who have a flair for technology can work in the wine industry with or without a college degree.
This episode is packed with ideas and recommendations all the way through so be sure to stay tuned until the end, so you don’t miss a thing. And they will give you lots of links to help you find your dream job and we’ll pop those in the show notes for your convenience.
I’m super excited about this series as it will give you a deeper understanding of wine roles that are available around the country and what it takes to get in the game. There is literally something for everyone in this 3-part series.
- Book a private career coaching session with Karen Wetzel at https://go.oncehub.com/KarenWetzel
- Receive a 5% discount on any Napa Valley Wine Academy classes, including WSET. Register for your course at www.napavalleywineacademy and use promo-code NVWApodcast
- Sign up for our newsletter at https://go.napavalleywineacademy.com/wine-news-that-educates
- Become a member at https://napavalleywineacademy.com/nvwa-membership/
To reach Mike Cashion & Chip Turrisi, SGWS Talent Acquisition
- Mike Cashion’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-cashion-23156124/
- Email for internships & recent grads: [email protected]
- Chip Turrisi’ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chipturrisi/
- Link directly to our Career Site with the Category for Internships & Early Career = Job Search – Southern Glazers
- Chippin’ Away YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@chippin-away – specifically for students and helping them in their career journey (interviewing / resumes / applications etc).