- Enrollment in our instructor-led, 9-week Level 3 Online course, plus 2-Day In-Class Theory and Tasting Workshop
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation, and bottling
- The key characteristics of the principal still wines, sparkling wines, and fortified wines of the world
- How to make appropriate wine recommendations
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Level 3 exam prep
Holding the WSET Level 2 certification or equivalent experience is strongly recommended. If you have further questions or are curious about taking an entrance test for this course, please call us at 855-513-9738. Price varies depending upon location and includes all course material, exam fees, and wines tasted in class.
This course provides a more in-depth and comprehensive look at the world of wines with an intense focus on systematically and professionally tasting wines.
This course covers the major grapes and wine styles produced around the world, including what influences the style and quality of these wines and the prices procured for them.
This course is especially recommended for anyone wishing to hold knowledge of the main wine of the world, and to master a systematic approach to tasting that lets students access their quality and price. This course is mainly designed to equip those employed around the world in the wine industry with the authority and confidence to make informed decisions in a wide variety of trade situations. For those in a supervisory capacity, or those wishing to advance to such a position, the course provides the skills to advise management or customers on wine selections. Additionally, this course is also ideal for wine collectors or wine enthusiasts who wish to gain a better knowledge of wine and to recognize various wines around the world and the ability to access their quality and the price being asked for such wines.
To successfully obtain this Certification in Wines and Spirits, students must take a two-part exam: a written and tasting portion.
Upon successful completion of this certification course, you will have gained
- In-depth training on wines of the world with an understanding of the factors that influence style, quality, and price.
- Knowledge applicable to sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry, but also to those wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of wines around the world.
- An advanced Level 3 Award in Wine Certification from the WSET®
- Ability to request and use the official logo — WSET Certified Advanced — on your business cards, websites, and other professional material.
- The required pre-requisite for Level 4 Diploma in Wine & Spirits