Day 1 10:00am to 5:00pm
Day 2 10:00am to 5:00pm (exam at 5:30pm)
The Level of Knowledge Needed to Take This Course: None necessary.
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours of study time, including 12 hours of classroom or online delivery time.
Session One: Overview and Introduction to Spirits Tasting
Session Two: Cognac, Armagnac, and Spanish Brandy
Session Three: Grain Based Spirits: Scotch, Bourbon, and Whiskies of the World
Session Four: Other Brandies and Vodka
Session Five: Vegetable Based Spirits: Rum, Tequila, and others
Session Six: Gin, Liqueurs and Flavored Spirits
Session Seven: Review and Exam
To obtain the WSET® Level 2 Award Certificate in Spirits, you will need to successfully pass the 50 multiple choice question exam.
Upon successful completion of this WSET® Level 2 Certification Course, you will have gained
- Training in the broad range of spirits and liqueur, knowledge which will help you in sales, hospitality and wholesale areas of the industry.
- WSET® Tutored tasting of spirits
- Knowledge of the systematic approach to tasting that will allow you to assess a spirit’s quality and price
- Level 2 Award in Spirits Certification from the WSET®
- Tuition Fee $650
- Includes Priority shipping of course book, 14 hours of instruction, textbooks, study materials, tasting samples and exam.
Location: Napa Valley Distillery – 2485 Stockton St, Napa, CA 94559