Instructed by: Alexander Remy – A a winemaker who holds a master’s degree in food and sensory science from the University of Montpellier. He has made wine in Marlborough, New Zealand, France’s Northern Rhone region, Victoria, Australia and California’s Napa Valley.
What the experts have to say:
“I used Le Nez du Vin® in my early career to educate myself and develop my olfactory acuteness. It is still with me today when I teach.”
– Paolo Basso – Best Sommelier of the World 2013
“With its choice of 54 wine aromas, Jean Lenoir’s work is an invaluable instrument for the education of the sense of smell and the olfactory memory.”
-Emile Peynaud, PhD, Author of “A Handbook of Oenology”, “ & “The Taste of Wine”
This one (1)-day course covers 8 classic grape varieties and the flavor profiles associated with them. Your expert instructor will lead you through hands-on analysis of each grape variety. For each of the grape varieties, you will be provided with a selection of aromatic essences commonly associated with that grape.
You will also taste a total of 16 classic wines from classic regions made from the 8 grape varieties covered. You will learn to identify the aromas in the glass and improve your tasting ability. This is a unique opportunity to dramatically improve your ability to taste, describe and identify wines.
During the one day of this course you will learn:
- Techniques on how to personally develop your sense of smell
- To identify over 24 key aromas commonly found in wine by using the Le Nez du Vin Aroma Kit.
- The traits of 8 classic grape varieties through in-depth analysis of the aromas, flavors
- To identify aromas and flavors in the glass by tasting 16 wines to illustrate the above varieties
- To improve your ability to describe wines
- To increase your objectivity and precision to describe wines
No prior knowledge is required to take this course. The Le Nez du Vin Sensory course is open to anyone looking to enhance their ability to identify aromas and flavors of wine. These courses are appropriate and beneficial for all levels of wine knowledge whether this is your first wine class or you are preparing for a tasting examination.
- This is a single day, 6-hour class
- Class runs 10:00am to 4:00pm (1 hour lunch break)