SOMMDAY SCHOOL™ Workshops
Here are the topics covered in the Intro Sommelier to Tasting Workshop:
- Learn the deductive tasting method from a Master Sommelier who’s taught professional tasting for over 30 years.
- Discover how professionals look at, smell, and taste wine.
- How to make the best possible conclusion about a wine by using the deductive tasting method.
- How to accurately assess the structural elements in wine—the level of acidity, alcohol, and tannin.
- The practical definition for dozens of wine terms.
- How to take concise yet accurate tasting notes.
- Basic strategies for olfactory memory.
- Strategies for success in tasting exams.
If you’re just getting into wine, the Intro to Tasting Workshop is the best possible way to get started on the right path. If you’re studying for the WSET or other wine exams, the tastings and material covered in the class will be a huge benefit to your studies and success with the exams.
This workshop includes:
- All course fees
- 6 hours of instruction (10:00 am-4:00 pm)
- SommDay School™ Study Guide
- Certificate of successful completion
- Lunch included