1-Day Professional Wine Tasting Workshop for Professional wine students and serious wine enthusiasts will cover the following topics:
- The concept of “Cause & Effect,” the why behind the reason any wine looks, smells, and taste the way it does.
- How to connect the dots between cause and effect and wine quality.
- The concept of “impact compounds,” the small subset of aromas and flavors that are the vital key in identifying classic grapes and wines—and vital to anyone becoming a professional taster—and equally important in success in upper level tasting exams.
- How to accurately and consistently assess the structural elements in any wine—the levels of acidity, alcohol, and tannin.
- The most common wine faults, how to identify them, and how important context is to certain wine faults.
- The definition to a myriad of advanced wine terms.
- Advanced strategies for olfactory and palate memory.
- Strategies for confidence in taking exams.
Where the Intro to Tasting Workshop helps you set a baseline of wine knowledge and tasting, the Advanced SommDay class is all increasing your knowledge and skills as a taster. Regardless of the exam track, you are pursuing, the Advanced Tasting Workshop will help put you on the right path that will lead to success in both exams and career.
- All course fees
- 6 hours of instruction (10:00 am-4:00 pm)
- SommDay School™ Study Guide
- Certificate of successful completion
- Lunch included
Location: Napa Valley Wine Academy 2501 Oak Street, Napa CA 94559