Excel at Writing Diploma SAT Tastings Notes: 3 Part Webinar Series
Learn how to write best-practice SAT tasting notes in preparation for the rigorous WSET Diploma tasting exams. Hosted by Certified WSET and dipWSET instructors, this 3-part series will culminate in a greater understanding and mastery of:
- What to consider when writing a complete Diploma SAT note What to include in the various Conclusions sections that can appear on the Diploma tasting exams
- Assessing wine quality
This series is very limited to allow for individual note grading and discussion.
- Session 1: Decoding the Diploma SAT and what you need to consider and include to gain maximum marks
- Session 2: Writing the all-important Conclusions – a review of what you might see on the exam, and what to include to gain maximum marks in this critical section. At the end of this session, a Homework Assignment will be given for the final Session 3. Participants will be asked to submit a tasting note which will be graded and then discussed in session 3. (Students will not be named in association with their notes; the corrections and discussion of all notes will allow for deeper understanding of what to include and what not to include and will benefit all participants.)
- Session 3: Discussion of Homework Assignment: Submitted Tasting Notes – receive live feedback and grading of your note while learning tips, tricks and grading on other notes to maximize marks on your notes for the Diploma SAT.
Details: No wines are shipped. Students will source their own samples for writing and then submitting tasting notes after session #2 for live, detailed review during session #3. Focus is on best practices (what to include, what to consider for gaining marks), not on correcting levels of acidity, tannin, alcohol, etc.)
- Webinar 1 – Decoding the Diploma SAT
- Webinar 2 – 2018, Mastering Conclusion Writing & Quality Assessment
- Webinar 3 – 2018, SAT Submitted Note Discussions
Wednesday evenings 4 – 6 pm Pacific Two-hour live webinar sessions (links will be provided prior to sessions)