Is your D3 tasting exam coming up? Or did you recently start D3 and are trying to unlock the secrets of how to tackle its challenging blind tasting identification flights? Get critical insight on how to succeed at answering grape, region or country identification questions during this in-person workshop! You will learn how to break down wine identification questions and what kind of evidence is needed to write high-scoring answers on the D3 tasting exam. Get hands-on practice writing tasting notes on three wine flights, with each flight followed by a detailed debrief. Nine wines total will be tasted.
This 6 hour, in-person workshop is intended for any registered student of the WSET Level 4 Diploma preparing for the D3 Wines of the World exam.
Date: To Be Determined
Time: 9am -3pm
Location: Napa, in-person instruction
- 9-9:30am: Instructor-led discussion on how to tackle a grape variety identification flight
- 9:30-10:15am: Taste a flight of three wines and write tasting notes, including grape variety ID
- 10:15-10:45am: Group tasting note debrief with instructor
- 10:45-11:15am: Instructor-led discussion on how to tackle a region of origin flight
- 11:15am-12pm: Taste a flight of three wines and write tasting notes, including region ID
- 12-12:30pm: Group tasting note debrief with instructor
- 12:30-1pm: Lunch break (bring your own)
- 1-1:30pm: Instructor-led discussion on how to tackle a country of origin flight
- 1:30-2:15pm: Taste a flight of three wines and write tasting notes, including country ID
- 2:15-3pm: Group tasting note debrief with instructor, final questions