This three-day, hands-on course, will see you getting down and dirty during the 2017 Spring Bud Break, and includes visits to both vineyards and cellars. You’ll engage directly with winemakers and glean through personal interactions what their own approach to making great wine entails.
What You Can Expect:
- Demonstrations by experts from vineyards and cellars will explain and walk you through the winemaking processes, touching upon all the senses—from the facets of touching (the physical actions involved) to the smelling and tasting tactics required to produce outstanding wines.
- Direct involvement in making wine; from barrel selection to blending.
- Time to indulge in well-deserved breaks for daily gourmet lunches.
- Winemaker-guided field trips to vineyards in full spring bud break and wineries where you’ll also experience first-hand the transformation of wines slumbering in the oak barrels into a finished wine.
- Exposure to and tasting of barrel samples from top Napa wine Estates while those wines are making their journey in oak.
- Meet owners and winemakers who are typically not available and taste wines that they reserve for their top clients while gleaning insights and explanations of their process that few are privy to.
- A winemaker dinner in winery settings where you’ll socializing, network and revel in the day’s experiences.
An Educational Journey:
- Our instructors will teach you how to taste wine just like the professionals, which will give you a sense of confidence and impart the vocabulary to up your tasting game.
- You’ll dive deep into an Instructor-led “Understanding Napa Valley” course that covers all of the valley’s 16 American Viticultural Areas (AVAs).
At the end of these riveting three days, you’ll possess a new appreciation of all the passion, the artistry and the processes that go into producing the very best wines of Napa Valley.
Classes and Costs:
Classes are taught at our education center in downtown Napa (2501 Oak Street, Napa, CA) and lessons extend beyond the classroom to field study trips where you’ll find yourself in vineyards learning about viticulture, then in wineries and working cellars where you’ll learn winemaking first-hand.
The Spring Bud Break Napa Valley Experience is priced at $1,995.00 per person (or $3,500.00 for couples) and includes:
- All wines tasted
- Transportation to and from on-site field trip visits
- Three Gourmet lunches during the course
- One Vintner-hosted dinner
- Lessons from top instructors (our staff includes Master Sommeliers, Masters of Wine, winemakers, WSET Diploma holders, French Wine Scholars, Italian Wine Professionals, American Wine Experts and beyond)
Please note: cost does not include:
- Hotel accommodations (we can assist with special pricing options)
- Transportation to and from the airport and your hotel
- Three particular meals: you’ll be responsible for organizing two (2) dinners and one (1) breakfast on your own time.
- Wine purchases