March 2015 American Wine Studies and Italian Wine Professional Quiz
The March 2015 iteration of our monthly wine quiz will test your knowledge on your knowledge about American and Italian wine regions. These are a combination of questions that you might encounter on a AWS and IWP exam.
March 2015 Quiz
Studying Hard for one of the many certification exams?See how your doing by taking our monthly wine quiz
This month we test your knowledge on subjects like the U.S. wine regions and Italian wine regions. If you are currently studying for your one of the many wine certification exams, or even if you are just wondering what exactly you would need to know, take a stab at these questions.
Congratulations - you have completed March 2015 Quiz.
Here are your results:
Total number of Questions: %%TOTAL%%
Total number of incorrect answers %%WRONG_ANSWERS%%
Your Score %%SCORE%%
Your percentage score %%PERCENTAGE%%
Our comments: %%RATING%%
Enter your info below to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our other study resources.
Your answers are highlighted below.
All of the following AVAs are located exclusively in Washington state accept?
Rattlesnake Hills AVA
Red Mountain AVA
Snipes Mountain AVA
Columbia Gorge AVA
Virginia is best known for producing the following white wines:
Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Albarino
Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, and Gewurztraminer
Viognier, Petit Manseng, Chardonnay
Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, and Muscat
An Italian wine labeled Indicazione geografica tipica (IGT) must contain ____% of a single variety for that variety to appear on the label.
The sparkling wines of Franciacorta DOCG can use all of the following grapes with the exception of?
Chianti Classico must contain a min of ___ % Sangiovese
Which best describes the wine landscape in Texas?
Most of the wineries reside in the cooler east in the foothills of the Waco Mountains
There is a single AVA, the vast Texas Plains AVA
Surrounded by ocean on two sides to mitigate the heat, Texas gets cooling breezes and fog which allow for its signature wine: Pinot noir
Most of the wineries reside in the west, in the Texas Hill Country AVA
The wines of Taurasi DOCG must be made with 85% Aglianico all of the following grapes are permitted to make of the remaining 15% accept?
Which best describes the growing season of the Long Island AVA?
Long growing season allowing for late-ripening vitis vinifera
Short growing season, best for early ripening varietals and hybrids
Long growing season allowing for native American and French-American hybrids only
Short growing season, best for aromatic whites
The Italian region that produces the most amount of DOC/DOCG wines is
In which two U.S. states is the state the is sole off –premise retailer of wine?
Maryland and Utah
Pennsylvania and Utah
Utah and New Hampshire
Pennsylvania and Texas
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 10 questions to complete.
You have completed
Your score is
You have not finished your quiz. If you leave this page, your progress will be lost.
Christian Oggenfuss the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Napa Valley Wine Academy is a passionate wine industry spokesman, and educator. He holds the dipWSET, the highest certification from the London-based Wine & Spirit Education Trust, and is an Associate Member of the Institute of Wine & Spirits. Christian also holds the French Wine Scholar (FWS), the Italian Wine Professional (IWP), and the American Wine Expert (AWE), certification. He is also one of only 64 Bourgogne Wine Ambassadors in the world.