WSET Level 3 Advanced Certification
Wine and Sake
The WSET Level 3 Certifications is available with a focus on either wine or sake. The WSET Level 3 Award in Wine certification is designed for individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, and this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and winemaking. Upon completion, you will be able to assess wines accurately and use your understanding to explain wine style and quality confidently. The WSET Level 3 Award in Sake is for individuals seeking to develop their expertise in sake; this qualification will provide you with a detailed understanding of the production methods that affect the style, quality, and price of sake. Upon completion, you will be able to assess sakes accurately and use this information and your understanding of sakes to make authoritative recommendations.
Upon successful completion of either The Level 3 in Wine or Sake, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
WSET Level 3 Advanced Award in Wines or Sake
- For the WSET Level 3 Award in Wine it is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge.
- For the WSET Level 3 Award in Sake there are no entry requirements for this qualification; however, candidates are required to complete a two-week online pre-study programme before attending the course.
What you’ll learn
- Please view the course page for the level you desire for more information
- The WSET Level 3 Award in Wine has a minimum requirement of 84 hours of study time, including 30 hours of classroom or online delivery time
- The WSET Level 3 Award in Sake has a minimum requirement of 42.25 hours of study time, including 16 hours of classroom or online delivery time
- All course materials and textbooks, including any test fees, are included.