WSET LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATION
The WSET Level 3 certifications offer a comprehensive and in-depth exploration for individuals looking to expand their expertise in wine. This certification is specifically designed as advanced-level courses for students who are actively involved in the wine industry or for more advanced wine enthusiasts and collectors.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
By the end of this course you will have:
- Mastered the art of deciphering the vital natural and human elements in vineyards and wineries that shape the world’s finest still wines. You’ll be able to unravel each factor’s impact on style, quality, and price.
- Immersed yourself in the distinct characteristics of globally renowned still wines while exploring the integral natural and human factors across vineyards, wineries, legislation, and commerce that influence their style, quality, and value.
- Delved into the effervescent world of sparkling wines. You’ll have uncovered the nuances of the finest examples of sparkling wines and examined the crucial natural and human aspects that contribute to their style, quality, and price in vineyards, wineries, and beyond.
- Embarked on a captivating journey through the rich realm of fortified wines, discovering their unique traits and the essential natural and human factors that shape their style, quality, and value in vineyards, wineries, and legal contexts.
- Honed your skills in providing expert information and advice on wines, empowering customers and colleagues alike with your information and recommendations.
- None, but we strongly recommend WSET Level 2 as a prerequisite
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Advanced knowledge of wine production, including vineyard management, winemaking techniques, and aging processes.
- Detailed understanding of key grape varieties and their characteristics
- Profound knowledge of wine regions and their unique characteristics, encompassing both Old World and New World wine regions.
- Comprehensive comprehension of wine tasting techniques, including sensory analysis, wine faults, and the ability to accurately describe wine characteristics.
- In-depth understanding of wine and food pairing principles
- Advanced knowledge of wine service, including proper handling and storage, serving temperatures, and glassware selection.
- Familiarity with wine business aspects, such as wine labeling regulations, wine production costs, and marketing strategies.
- Ability to evaluate and assess wines using a systematic approach, including understanding wine quality, aging potential, and assessing wine styles.
- Skills to confidently communicate about wines, including describing wine styles, regions, and production methods to both industry professionals and consumers.
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
WSET Level 3 includes
- 30 hours of live and recorded training, plus guided tasting webinars with 24 wines. Exam includes 50 multiple choice questions, a paper of short written answers and a blind tasting of two samples.
- Online Wine Academy™ Student Portal
- Get access to live webinars, plus a video library to further hone your skills and expand your knowledge.
- NVWA Student-Only Community
- Ask questions and get answers with NVWA certified experts. Plus, engage with our +4,000 community.