NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This #GetWineSmart Contest is open only to residents of the United States of America (USA) who are at least 21 years of age at the time of entry.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY as final and binding as it relates to the content of this #GetWineSmart Contest.
- #GetWineSmart Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online via Instagram starting on September 19, 2018, at 01:00 AM PST and ending October 20, 2018, at 11:59 PM PST. All online entries must be received by October 20, 2018, at 11:59 PM PST.
- How to Enter: The #GetWineSmart Contest must be entered by taking the following steps on the Napa Valley Wine Academy Instagram account :
- Following @napavalleywineacademy
- Like the following post https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7OdIbhqUD/
- Comment below the following post https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7OdIbhqUD/ and tag a friend. (to increase the chances of winning you can comment as many times as you which by tagging all your friends!)
For an extra entry:
- Repost https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7OdIbhqUD/, tag @napavalleywineacademy and share it with #GetWineSmart
The entry must fulfill all #GetWineSmart Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the #GetWineSmart Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a $250 gift certificate redeemable for any wine certification courses offered through NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY. Value of $250. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected at random from all eligible submissions under the supervision of NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY. Winner will be notified on this post https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7OdIbhqUD/, on IG story and on the Napa Valley Wine Academy Facebook page. The randomly selected winner will have to get in touch via IG message within 48 hours (and must provide proof of age) otherwise we will randomly select a different winner. NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this #GetWineSmart Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE #GetWineSmart Contest, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY, anyone acting on behalf of NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY, and NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the #GetWineSmart Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the #GetWineSmart Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the #GetWineSmart Contest. In such case, NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY. NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the #GetWineSmart Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the #GetWineSmart Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by #GetWineSmart Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the #GetWineSmart Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY and Instagram and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the #GetWineSmart Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures
of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS #GetWineSmart Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this #GetWineSmart Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this #GetWineSmart Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Napa County, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this #GetWineSmart Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the #GetWineSmart Contest is NAPA VALLEY WINE ACADEMY.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram
- By entering the #GetWineSmart Contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules