MASTERING CHAMPAGNE STYLES
with Peter Marks, MW and Sharon McLean, WSETdip and Certified Sommelier ISG
Live Webinar December 9, 2020 at 10 AM Pacific
Taste with us!
These wines are available across Canada for a shared tasting experience if you would like to taste along with us.
- Co-op Champagne:Castelnau Brut 2006
- House Champagne: Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve
- Grower Champagne: Larmandier Bernier Latitude Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut
How well do you know Champagne?Known globally for its winemaking method, terroir, and prestige, Champagne delights all of our senses. Most wine drinkers know about the main styles of Brut and Rosé, but there is so much more to learn and to enjoy. Tour the unique growing areas of Champagne, the grape varieties and winemaking techniques with Peter Marks, Master of Wine and VP of Education, NVWA and Sharon McLean, Certified Sommelier, WSETDip and Senior Instructor WSET/WSG, to gain a deeper understanding of the exceptional styles in this master-level class. Learn more about the types of producers in the Champagne region, how to decipher the styles and producers on the labels, and the aroma and flavor characteristics. You will have the opportunity to taste along with us three delicious wines from a grower, a house, and a coop as you begin your mastery of Champagne.
For the complete Champagne learning experience, view the webinar, register for the Champagne region’s official online course below, and enter the sweepstakes.
Register now for the free Champagne online course
This 5-hour course is the official learning platform for the region of Champagne. Learn about Champagne styles, terroir, grape varieties, labeling, and production.
Champagne Special Experience Sweepstakes
The Champagne Bureau, USA, as part of its partnership with the Napa Valley Wine Academy (NVWA) and Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers (CAPS), is raffling off 8 spots for a Champagne Special Experience to include:
- An exclusive spot to participate in an intimate webinar with a Champagne Cellar Master.
- Free access to the premium version of the Champagne Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), the first-of-its-kind Champagne-only course created by the Comité Champagne.
- A $200 gift card for you to purchase bottles of exquisite Champagne.
To enter the sweepstakes, you must:
- Register and attend the December 9, 2020, webinar with the NVWA and CAPS.
- Register and complete the “classic version” of the Champagne MOOC quizzes by December 31, 2020, and send a screenshot of your dashboard to email@example.com as proof. The subject line should be “Canada Sweepstakes Entry.”
- Have worked at a bar, restaurant or retail store in the past year and provide the name of the company.
- Be a resident of Canada.
- Participants are eligible to enter the sweepstakes November 10 to December 31, 2020.
- The Champagne Bureau will raffle names on January 8, 2021.
- The Champagne Bureau will contact winners by January 11, 2021.
- The Champagne Bureau will send gift cards to the winners from January 11-15, 2021.
- The webinar with the Champagne Cellar Master will be held in February. Specific dates to be announced to the winners only.